hydrocephalus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
please tell me all u know about this condition. im distraught.
jarashow Posts: 3083
NBN I really don't know that much, only that they can put a shunt in to remove the excess fluid. I hope someone else can add more. Thinking of you !! Edited to say I found this site www.iasbah.ie I would imagine if you contact them they would be able to advise and support.
sugarplum Posts: 430
My thoughts are with you and hubbie at this time saying a wee prayer for Killian
Razzle Dazzle Posts: 84
I'm sorry but I don't really know anything about this condition - I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you :xxx Razzle Dazzle
july7812 Posts: 1787
NBN - dont really know alot about this condition myself but found this link for you [url:2i89licw]http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hydrocephalus/detail_hydrocephalus.htm[/url:2i89licw] I hope its of some help. My thoughts & prayers are with you, your DH & your special little man Killian :action31 :action32
sunnyside Posts: 3164
I don't know anything either but there is an association that might be able to give you some good information The Irish Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus National Resource Centre Old Nangor Road Clondalkin Dublin 22 Tel: 01 457 2329 Fax: 01 457 2328 Lo-call: 1890 20 22 60 Maybe you should give them a call and they can point you in the right direction. You are going through such a hard time. Call on the people around you to help you and give you support. Focus on your little baby and let other people take care of the rest. Will be thinking of you. x
30thmay2006 Posts: 235
hi there not sure if you had time to have a look at bliss but it is a premature baby site and i found it fantastic for getting answers to my questions, it really helped me. link again is http://www.blissmessageboard.org.uk/ also helped alot was the premature baby section in rollercoaster http://www.rollercoaster.ie/boards/foru ... &groupID=1
zoey Posts: 1574
Naughty but nice, My thoughts and prayers are with you, your dh and little baby. I'm afraid that I really don't know very much about this condition but I would advise you to contact the organisation sunnyside mentioned - they'll be able to give reassurance and accurate facts rather than frighteneing yourself by what you might read on websites. Take care :action32 Zoey :lvs
wannababba Posts: 1161
Hey My Thought are with you and ur lil special man My Bm Tracy is 23 in june and she has Hydro and spina bifida, although she is in a wheelchair she has had a relativley (sp) life, My Mam works in Scoil Mochua in Clondalkin which is a school for children who have hydo and spina bifida if you need anymore info pm me and I can ask her for you.
lily79 Posts: 153
Hi Our baby has been diagnosed with spina bifida but no hydro yet thank God but i do know that hydro is easily treated, they put a shunt in from the babys head to their tummy to drain the fluid, hydro is not the terrible thing it was years ago when they could do nothing for it. Not that any of this will make you feel better but everything will be ok :thnk