hyperthyroidism in pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

spanish mum Posts: 2468
Hi girls, i wonderd if anyone else had this, as I went to collect my blood test results today and my midwife told me my thyroid (T4) is high (2.11) I've to go to see dr tmw, but didnt get any further info. i darent google it. Just wondered if anyone could shed any more light on the matter for me, as in what it is, is it dangerous, etc? Thanks :thnk
wtb Posts: 107
I have hypothyroidism, which is the opposite of what you have! But from what I understand, with hyperthyroidism, your bodily processes speed up. As in your pulse quickens, you may feel anxious, lose weight, trouble sleeping...things like that. It's very easily controlled with drugs. Stay away from google as there's all sorts of horror stories there, but here's a link that I found good when I was first diagnosed. http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?con=591#q2
spanish mum Posts: 2468
Thanks for reply wtb. :thnk I have all those things (bar losing weight) but figured it was natural in pregnancy. I'm now going to take a look at the link you kindly attached. Thanks for the info.