hypnobirthing feedback?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mamabrod Posts: 830
have any of you considered doing hypnobirthing? there is a course on in 2 weeks that i was considering doing but its 375 euro!!! :eek :eek :eek i dunno if i can justify spending that on it, has anyone done it and would you say it was worth it?
lolly2010 Posts: 707
Thats alot :eek I used the gentlebirth cds, just borrowed them from a friend, would you try something like that?
buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=336451
lush11 Posts: 2877
I got the gentlebirth cds too and found them great. They made me relax soooooooo much. It almost got to the point where i'd only have them on minutes and id be conked out. I have the happiest most contented baby in the world and i put a lot of it down to those cds. He obvisouly picked up on my chillaxed mood.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Do you have health insurance? Aviva reimburse most if not all of the price of this course - 300 euro I think.
buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
[quote="AmandaMc":ubqzdz7q]Do you have health insurance? Aviva reimburse most if not all of the price of this course - 300 euro I think.[/quote:ubqzdz7q] Pretty sure it is 300 aviva covers
mamadotie Posts: 884
I did it, and it worked really well for me, so I thought it was worth every penny. DH thought the classes were great as well - really inclusive of the father, so we both agreed afterwards that it was worth it for us.