Hypnobirthing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tedsters Posts: 1688
Only just been reading about hypnobirthing and it is too late for me now to do a course but it sounds very interesting and I would love to have given it a try. Can you buy a book on it with a CD and maybe do it yourself? Does anybody recommend one or it? Thanks :thnk
bellabella Posts: 2750
Ted i was interested too and read alot about it.I dicussed it with dh and he said if it makes you happy go for it. I contacted a certain person about it (from an irish site) she emailed me back saying she would send me info via email and i asked about paying from here etc and how long it would take to arrive.no problems,then she was doing up her website etc and would get back to me but i never heard a thing so was pissed off and left it at that. Anyway i'm sure it's like everything works for some and not for everyone.
lal Posts: 403
Hi, Im 16 weeks gone and am doing a course in July 17 and 18 in North Dublin. Not sure if there are spaces left but it might be worth you looking into. I got the details off doulaireland.com. There are home study courses on that aswell. Ive heard great things about it so here's hoping!!! lal
coconuts Posts: 213
Hi, not sure if this is what you are looking for but I got a set of 4 CDs from this website The CDs are pregnancy relaxation, preparation for birth, relaxing birth music and recovery after birth. So far I have only tried the pregnancy relaxation. You start the preparation for birth at 32 weeks. I have found the relaxation very good, a lot like the session you would get at the end of a pregnancy yoga class, and has helped me destress after work.
Thanks lal but I have only 2 weeks to go so too late for a course but looking for an easy option like a book or cd but dunno if too late for me now as whether you need to be doing it for a while. Good luck yourself though and hope your enjoy the course. Thanks coconuts will see if there is something available like this in Easons so I could start immediately.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Tedsters im sure a relaxation cd would do you good. The hypnobirthing works better seemingly the longer you are doing it for cos you body learns to relax and should do it automatically when in labour. Im going to do a cours in Dublin and im using it as my main "pain relief", along with thr birthing ball, counterpressure, walking etc. It may not work and i may be totally underestimating the pain ill feel but im confident it will help and i dont fear the birth (not yet anyway!!) so ill try all this over the epidural anyway.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
I found this one when looking for ttcing hypnosis cds A friend swears by a cd from someone called (I think) Marie Mongan? Hypnosis is amazing, they can even perform major surgery using it.
c[email protected] Posts: 492
Hi Tedster, I just got the gentlebirth 3 cd pack and book through the post last week. If you want you could borrow them for the next few weeks and i'd get them back when you've delivered. I'm in Lucan, if you wanted to meet somewhere......................
Aww thanks a mil ceegee70x :thnk will have a look in easons first then pm ya if stuck.
[email protected] Posts: 492
No problem Tedster.