Hypnotherapists

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ainm Posts: 2211
Has anyone ever gone to see a hypnotherapist to try and cure a fear?If so, did it work and how much did it cost?
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
In order, Yes, No and far too much. Absolute complete waste of time and money, would not recommend whatsoever. I've been to 3, you'd think I'd have learned after the first time, but no. Felt like a fool 2 times over. However - that's just my experience, you might get some positive responses.
Carizza Posts: 320
Not for a phobia but for something else. It cost €125 for 1.5hrs one-to-one and a complete rip-off. I went to three sessions and stopped wasting my money after that.
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I went for a bad phobia, it totally worked and cost me about £600 (it was a few years ago)
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
I am going for weight loss. Its working for me - €80 a pop - need about 3 or 4 sessions.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="Easy Tiger":nya5cwon]I am going for weight loss. Its working for me - €80 a pop - need about 3 or 4 sessions.[/quote:nya5cwon] How does that work? Do they persuade you to eat less? Genuinely interested, not extracting the Michael.
Well for me there are a number of issues being addressed. I chatted with the therapist for over an hour before under going for my 1st session. He is basically promoting positive thoughts of motivation (of which I had none), eating regular meals, not snacking, exercise etc. Every person is different depending on their past, their attitude towards food etc.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Well I could certainly use the "motivation" aspect and the "would you ever stop eating for fúck sake, you fat [email protected]" aspect.
[quote="TokenMale":3nvmjnhm]Well I could certainly use the "motivation" aspect and the "[b:3nvmjnhm]would you ever stop eating for fúck sake, you fat [email protected][/b:3nvmjnhm]" aspect.[/quote:3nvmjnhm] For all I know, that could be what he's saying to me during the sessions.
ainm Posts: 2211
Thanks for you replies. TBH i thought i'd only be hearing good things back for some reason! Mrs. Blues, how much did yours cost? Valkstar Easy tiger, did/is yours working?