Menu

hypothetcal - would you be annoyed if...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blissful2b Posts: 1555
...a friend who RSVP'd to your wedding, who you've known for several years, didn't turn up on the day? they text you the morning of the wedding explaining why they can't attend and have a good reason. would it annoy you?
mammybean Posts: 10364
did they have a good reason? i think we just have to remember that other people have lives too, nd yes we are getting married and yes its the ost important day of our lives BUT it isnt the most important in every body elses too. So i guess i would be diappointed that they werent there to share my special day but i would have to understand
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Mammy Bean":291hiblk]did they have a good reason? i think we just have to remember that other people have lives too, nd yes we are getting married and yes its the ost important day of our lives BUT it isnt the most important in every body elses too. So i guess i would be diappointed that they werent there to share my special day but i would have to understand[/quote:291hiblk] Couldnt have out it better my self :wv
yeah pretty good reason IMO... not my wedding we're hypothetically speaking about here BTW:-D. Bride in question stopped speaking to friend due to her not showing up on the day, even though friend let bride know the day of the wedding. I think it's bad form. but what do you say to a bride like that?
mammybean Posts: 10364
tell her to cop the hell on! the friend was probably gutted she couldnt make it anyway. Is it worth losing a friend over and if it is then she has her priorities all wrong
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Yep tell her to get over her self. If I was the pal that didnt go, I wouldnt want her as a friend any more any way. Im sure she had a very good reason for not going to the wedding
mrs blueeyes Posts: 992
Did the friend tell you the reason why?? If it is a reasonable one, then it's silly to fall out over it.
yeah she let the bride know. was a very good reason me thinks. i wouldn't of thought the bride was a bridezilla to be honest but she must have been. i agree that the friend is better off out of it anyway!
corkgirl08 Posts: 175
no i definitely wouldn't mind - i'd think poor her i hope everything works out. You have to be mental to blow things so out of proportion unless the world really did revolve around you
rockstar Posts: 1815
id be disappointed but if they had a really good reason id understand...