I am looking for a photographer on a budget

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2010sometime Posts: 21
Hi wollies, Fairly new to this business. I am looking for a photograph package for the dublin surroundings area for early 2011. My budget is €950 for the photographer (brides house to arrival at hotel - dont need to hang around for meal), photos on a disc and then a small enough album. Am I fooling myself to think I can get all this on my budget? Otherwise I might just have to go for photographer and disc and make my own album - but i wouldnt be the best at the diy! Any photographers able to do me a deal? Pm me - would really appreciate it! Thanks !
teapotty Posts: 2085
That's a realistic budget but you'll have to do your research- many photographers charge much more than that. Our's is €950 for brides house to 1 hour of dancing AFTER the b&g first dance. We get 1 cd which we can print freely from and 3 dvds. It's http://www.davidryanphotography.ie might not be everyone's style but I love how the pics are so different and not posed. He is doing posed family shots too though- need a few of them but I want the rest to be much more relaxed like the photos on his site.
teapotty Posts: 2085
Just a thought- you say there's no need to have them hanging around after the meal but I think the cutting of cake and speeches are lovely to have done by the professional photographer.
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
you should check out Nicky McDonnell photography she is currency running a deal where she will do disc only package for 650 she has some good deals on her albums too
louthgal Posts: 308
My photographer is 600euro and it from the brides house to the meal. Hes based in dundalk but i know he travels because hes doing my cousins wedding in cavan next summer. PM me if you want his details
Fancyabrew Posts: 276
Check out Darren Purcell - www.visionary.ie. Great photographer with reasonable prices.
lux Posts: 6270
I would HIGHLY recommend Magda Lucas. She is very reasonable. I was planning on getting a disk only but Magda has put a VERY good package together and we are getting a CD, album and some prints for not much more than your budget. She also does not charge for travelling and will be able to negotiate a package based on your budget. She is a reportage style photographer so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I think her style is lovely. http://www.magdalukas.com/
Shazl Posts: 357
Our photographer is a great guy and i think has packages within your budget - definiyely worth a look. if youd like details just pm me.
GalBride Posts: 444
[quote="lux":fc3bhbj4]I would HIGHLY recommend Magda Lucas. She is very reasonable. I was planning on getting a disk only but Magda has put a VERY good package together and we are getting a CD, album and some prints for not much more than your budget. She also does not charge for travelling and will be able to negotiate a package based on your budget. She is a reportage style photographer so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I think her style is lovely. http://www.magdalukas.com/[/quote:fc3bhbj4] +1 Highly highly recommend Magda. She is absolutely a pleasure to work with
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
[quote="fairyp":2vvqb3aj][quote="lux":2vvqb3aj]I would HIGHLY recommend Magda Lucas. She is very reasonable. I was planning on getting a disk only but Magda has put a VERY good package together and we are getting a CD, album and some prints for not much more than your budget. She also does not charge for travelling and will be able to negotiate a package based on your budget. She is a reportage style photographer so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I think her style is lovely. http://www.magdalukas.com/[/quote:2vvqb3aj] +1 Highly highly recommend Magda. She is absolutely a pleasure to work with[/quote:2vvqb3aj] +2 we have also booked Magda and I think we are getting a similar package to Lux for slightly more than your budget but that includes her staying until midnight so you should be able to negotiate much less if you're only planning on having her around until the meal. She's absolutely lovely as well.