I am on maternity leave from saturday

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
night :o)ll the restaurant i am working in is closing down. i have been offered another job, but its quite heavy involves being on feet and running around for 8 hours. h2b told me to give it a miss so i am on maternity leave (without the money) for the next yer :o0
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I definitely agree with h2b re the other job Beanies, Enjoy your maternity leave and the wollys will keep you company
luigi Posts: 867
That sounds fab! I know you have no money coming in, but it gives you so much time to pamper yourself and prepare for the new arrival. Make good use of all the "me" time you get now. oooooh Im jealous!
fire fly Posts: 1241
Same thing happened to me when I was 5 months pregnant, I was extremely upset at the time but it worked out so well! I was prepared for baby and I got to spend quality time with my other 2! I'm a strong believer in everything happening for a reason! Good luck and enjoy your relaxing time!
TaraMc Posts: 128
That is great news, you have a very supportive DH. I posted in TTC about being nervous, and one reason is I worry about the finances. Sorry to be so intrusive and tell me to buzz off but how will you guys cope finanacially with only one wage? We have a few debts and I worry about how we will cope with all the baby stuff to be bought not to mention nappies etc. if and when we are lucky to get pg.
mammybean Posts: 10364
well to be honest i have never earned a good wage. every job i have seems to be minimum wage, this one as well but tips were fab, i was maybe only working two nights a week and getting about €200 - the two nights combined would have been about 10 hours. i have been for heaps of interviews for jobs, well paying and that i am more than qualified for and not getting them O:| h2b is a blocklayer so he earns good money. at the moment he is working for himself as he is on temporary lay of (since end october O:| O:| O:| ) but things are looking up and if the talk is right they will all be taken on again shortly. to be honest we were used to having between 6- 7k a month coming in and do you know what - we were spending every bit of it and never seemed to have alot to spare. now when he is working for himself we always seem to have some money even though we arent bringing in a fraction of that. we arent ridiculously spending and he still goes for for a card game or a few pints, once the car mortgage and blls are paid i am happy. so basically i never earned much for us to miss anyway. this is a high risk pregnancy which would make finding another job hard for me as in stress or level of activity i have no idea if i answered your question, think i rambled a bit
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Beanies, the health of you and baby bean are more important than any money and as you say you seem to be coping ok at mo financially so just sit back and enjoy
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Enjoy being off & relax and enjoy being pregnant!!!!!!!!!!! Some things are more important than money!!!! Lucy
TaraMc Posts: 128
[quote="Princess Cinders":1xmnqrq8]Beanies, the health of you and baby bean are more important than any money and as you say you seem to be coping ok at mo financially so just sit back and enjoy[/quote:1xmnqrq8] I second that, money doesn't equal happiness.
Popsy Posts: 229
Thats great Beanie! Enjoy it you lucky thing!!! :o)ll :o)ll