I am sooo VIP!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sue27 Posts: 604
:o0 We advertise with TV3 (about once a year :-8 ) and got an invitation to their "TV3 into 2008" party, which was on last night. My office manager is on holidays, so she said to me why don't I go, so I did and brought a friend along. OMG, I didn't expect the amount of TV people! all the presenters, etc, Louis Walsh (!!!), Linda Martin etc... loads of sports people I didn't recognize (well, I know the faces but couldn't tell ya names) - load of eye candy there as well... - one of the guys from "The Tudors" (not Jonathan Rhys Meyers, HOTTER!!!). Entertainment: Shayne Ward!! I don't care about his music but he is seriously cute!!! It was cool being amonst all them, but really it was like normal night out in a bar, with the difference that you recognize loads of faces from the telly. I was surprised I felt a bit "underwhelmed" (mind you, if someone had put me right in front of Shayne Ward, that would have been a different story :o0 :o0 :o0 ) Didn't really talk to anyone "famous" - I mean, what are you gonna say? Like "Hi Louis, oh, you look a lot taller on telly!" ??? I don't think so! Free bar all night, pity I was driving... anyway, just thought I'd share my newly aquired VIP status for a bit of Friday entertainment... :hyper:
Playful Posts: 638
The closest i ever got to VIP was on that show Disney Club with Mary Kinston, felt like such a muppet loads of kids running around and her big dog kept licking my shoes the looks i gave him and her reply was Nikki you better stop looking at my dog like that, I could have killed him they were new shoes.
Brideofthedecade Posts: 587
[quote="nikki1":29ocj5qv]The closest i ever got to VIP was on that show Disney Club with Mary Kinston, felt like such a muppet loads of kids running around and her big dog kept licking my shoes the looks i gave him and her reply was Nikki you better stop looking at my dog like that, I could have killed him they were new shoes.[/quote:29ocj5qv] :o0 Brilliant!
newkid30 Posts: 2233
sue27 i so miss going to all those events. My hubby used to work for one of the biggest media groups in Ireland and we used to get freebies to cinema premieers, nite club openings, comedy nights, thetre, VIP this and that. It was great, free booze, tickets etc It's always the same few heads at them, a ffew Fair City stars, Linda Martin - did you see her skin up close??? My God when I saw her last about 3 years ago, the wrinkles :eek :eek :eek She must use polyfiller to cover them up for TV!!
Didn't get that close to her, but I was surprised how small she is! In fact, most of the female presenters as well - they are all really small! Especially Lorraine Keane, she is teensy! Louis Walsh too, I thought he was taller - I'm about 5ft 4, and he's not much taller than me! the guy who plays Eric Pollard in Emmerdale was there too - he seemed like a real gent, always stepping out of the way to let people to the bar. and "Debbie Dingle" (can't remember her real name) - didn't know what to make of her....
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
wow well for you eh, shane ward yum yum
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
Jebus I'm not able for ya! The closest I've ever gotten to a celb is at a concert :o0
MrsJayKay - before last night, the closest I ever got to a celeb was Tommy Tiernan walking past me on Grafton Street a few years ago. my hubby used to work in an antiques shop years and years ago and Father Ted came in!
Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
SNAP! Did you see my post? I am seriously hung over. It was a great night wasn't it?
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
You must have felt great though being invited to something like that! I'd have been lapping it up in a BIG way!!!