I am such a baby!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
My mam and dad are going away to the sun for a week today. I'm delighted for them, but I'm sooooo selfish. Normally when they go away it would be a weekend day so I pass the week in work really quickly. But now they're going Tues-Tues, and I keep thinkking 'who am I gonna have my glass of wine with Friday night, and who am I going to spend Saturday with, and how poo is it going to be not going to mammy's for sunday dinner with a hangover' :o0 I wouldn't mind but I'm 36 and live with Mr. Jawl :o0
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
totally understand where your coming from my mam and dad were on a weeks holidays, and i missed em :-8 event ho they totally deserved the well earned break after such a crap year, id have loved to have gone with them we would call over numerous times a week with DD and sure there was no need to call for the whole week they were gone.. they are going away in september again and i dont mind, as ill be on holidays myself too :o)ll when we came home from honeymoon after 3,5 weeks, all my family had a holiday booked for the day after we got back, so i had no one to call to, they all went and stayed in a villa, i was jealous... (imagine being jealous of them going away for a week, and my only back from 3.5 weeks in South Africa :-8 :o0 :o0 )
They usually come on hols with us during the summer. So we are all off in August. Mr. Jawl and my dad are great friends.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Aw thats quite sweet. My mam has been away from 2 weeks. We've been apart for longer, but its always been ME who was away and her at home. It was weird going about my every day routine and knowing she wasnt at the end of the phone/email for a chat. She flew back from South America on Saturday and I've been talking to her non-stop like an over-excited child since then god love her.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
God I'm SO close to my Mam - I hate when she goes away too! We'd speak every day and I'd see her at least twice a week (more these days with all mye extra time!) - every summer she goes to the south of france or somewhere for like 3 weeks as she stops off in the UK on her way and I miss her like mad!
Thursday is the only day of the week I don't see her. Mondays are just flying visits, but still. Oh well, I might be a sad sap, but I guess its great we get on so well. Although like most mothers and daughters, we do have our moments :o0
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Ah Jawl, thats lovely. Do you know what i would give to be able to pop round my mam and dad's like that!!! Hate that I live in a different country than them!
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
Ah Jawl you're not the only one! I'm the very same! I see my folks EVERYDAY, I live a minute away from them & like you, I miss them when they go away. Then there are times where my Mum & I kill each other...Oh the joys!!!
[quote="MrsBig10":25x0updt]Ah Jawl you're not the only one! I'm the very same! I see my folks EVERYDAY, I live a minute away from them & like you, I miss them when they go away. Then there are times where my Mum & I kill each other...Oh the joys!!![/quote:25x0updt] Oh yes, we have our moments, but sure don't all great partnerships? :o0 She rang me last night anyway, so I was thrilled :o0