I can see myself becoming a bridezilla!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*gone* Posts: 4785
I am only in the early days of planning, but already I can envisage myself having a full blown melt down before the big day.... mother of god, the people you thought would be the most easy going and give you the most support are the very ones that come out with the stupidest remarks, hurtful comments and start winding you up when you are already stressed out ... oh and don't get me started on the wedding "experts" who are not married, have been to a handful of weddings, yet still deem it ok to lecture me on normal wedding ettiquette ... why oh why can't people just be nice to brides-to-be and stop stressing them out?! O:| O:| O:|
Liela Posts: 181
Someone told me before I got engaged the ones you expect to be supportive are not and the one who you think wouldn't give a monkeys are so excited and so helpful. Its a year out for me and I just know Im going to get really ragged off and b****h someone off. DiamondDizzy- its enivitable. I agree why can't people just be nice to you but Im begining to realise people seem to think its about them too. Ooh I just heard myself saying that and it sounds so selfish. Well it is about you and your beloved at the end of the day. Everyone else will get their day or will have already had it. So scwoo yous. Be nice. DD- do what makes you happy and scwoo everyone else. I hope you feel better soon. :lvs
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Liela":31w5td1h]Someone told me before I got engaged the ones you expect to be supportive are not and the one who you think wouldn't give a monkeys are so excited and so helpful. :lvs[/quote:31w5td1h] That is most certainly the truth. >:o(
gerbil Posts: 3528
best advice I was given was, that not everyone is interested and that while the bride and groom think it's terribly exciting lots of people won't. And yes, the ones least interested are often those whose big day is over! I've noticed over and over the people most likely to be dismissive are the ones who drove us all mad wittering on about their own. But don't let it get you down! there are always a few people who will sneer but a lot of people will really really surprise you and be wonderful (treasure them)
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
In one ear and out the other Dizzy. (note to self, follow my own advice :-8 ), I am defo taking this stance after 8 months of people asking me where we are going on honeymoon (hello, last Xmas there wasn't even hotel or flight schedules out etc). Myself and H2B haven't a clue where we want to go and where we can go because of hurricane season and are open to a lot of places and researching them. If someone asks and I suggest whatever place we are researching at the moment, the response is "oh don't go there, it's too hot, too expensive, too far away" etc., and if I was to be listening to people's advice, we will be going nowhere. As for single friends who think they are experts, they will get theirs some day when they have to organise a wedding of their own. Any news with where you are heading yet, hurry up >:o)
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
I completely agree with you. I am a very easy going person and when we got engaged I had visions of us all pulling together and the plans just flowing easily. But oh no! Everyone and their mother has an opinion about how you should do it. You are TOTALLY right about people who have never gotten married telling you what you should do. One girl I know has driven me absolutely demented and I feel like screaming when I see her. She has a book of how she wants her wedding to look, pics of the type of dress she likes, hairstyles, make-up styles, etc and she's not even getting married O:| O:| I honestly believe that Bridezillas are made, not born, so if you do end up having a Bridezilla moment they have no-one to blame but themselves. I have no advice for you, I'm probably going to end up with an ulcer the size of a football; just know you're not alone!!!!! :o0 :o0
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Pics of wedding dresses and she isn't even getting married :eek :eek :eek , next time she pulls out her scrapbook you should tell her to fling it out the window, doesn't she know that when you start planning a wedding, everything you thought you wanted and liked ends up the total opposite to what you get >:o(
NotsoNewlyWed Posts: 173
[quote="AprilBridey":1pip58nl]I completely agree with you. I am a very easy going person and when we got engaged I had visions of us all pulling together and the plans just flowing easily. But oh no! Everyone and their mother has an opinion about how you should do it. You are TOTALLY right about people who have never gotten married telling you what you should do. One girl I know has driven me absolutely demented and I feel like screaming when I see her. [b:1pip58nl]She has a book of how she wants her wedding to look, pics of the type of dress she likes, hairstyles, make-up styles, etc and she's not even getting married [/b:1pip58nl]O:| O:| I honestly believe that Bridezillas are made, not born, so if you do end up having a Bridezilla moment they have no-one to blame but themselves. I have no advice for you, I'm probably going to end up with an ulcer the size of a football; just know you're not alone!!!!! :o0 :o0[/quote:1pip58nl] That is seriously scary stuff!!
noc Posts: 1802
[quote="AprilBridey":3i1otfew] One girl I know has driven me absolutely demented and I feel like screaming when I see her. She has a book of how she wants her wedding to look, pics of the type of dress she likes, hairstyles, make-up styles, etc and she's not even getting married O:| O:| [/quote:3i1otfew] Whoa. Muriel's wedding eat your heart out :o0 But if that's her thing, that's her thing. Haven't had any stress with others yet at all (bar my dad once but it was a storm in a teacup). The trick is to just beetle away at your plans and involve as few other people as possible. Then present your ideas as a fait accomplis (sp?) when they ask. They can't say anything then.