I cant sleep....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Martiespride Posts: 997
hi ladies im finding it hard to sleep for the past while. im wrecked at about 7 in the evening and them come 11 im full of life. im finding it hard to clear my head when i got to bed. is this normal? :zzzz:
lisa Posts: 1612
Hi martiespride, I find I fall asleep easy but wake at 4 in the morning and cant get back to sleep. Heard a few people say they have this problem.
tanyababy. Posts: 511
Im finding it tough to get to sleep too. My mind is racing constantly. I guess its because I am realising that my baby will be born (touch wood) in just over 4 months. But it could be just down to being out of routine. I hope when I return to work next week I will have no problem sleeping. Im also finding it a bit hard to get comfortable in bed and hard to turn over even though my bump isnt that big
goingmad Posts: 657
Hey girlies - yeah I'm the exact same all this week - I haven't had a full night sleep at all, I just can't get comfortable, I was only saying to DH lastnight that I would do anything to be able to take a sleep remedy just to have one good nite. It's even starting to make me feel sick in the morning which I never had up till this week. :o(
babs10 Posts: 13
Hi martiespride, This happend to my friend until she reached about 16/17 weeks. She said the first 12 were the hardest, she was asleepcome 8pm and then awake during the middle of the nights. She 21 weeks not and finding it alot easier to relax and sleep. You poor thing i hope it gets better for you.x
neeov Posts: 4256
I think its baby kicking at night waking me up. I moved sides of the bed and am now sleeping on my left hand side propped up by sleep pillows. I had the best nights sleep in weeks last night!! I woke up but got back to sleep easy and I did not have to get up to go to the loo. Try changing positions and see if this helps.
Martiespride Posts: 997
i think its the panic of being pregnant/not feeling ready and becomming a mum. also worried that things will be ok/not ok....... bloody nausea too. i cant open the fridge and i wretch. :o0 thanks for all the replys girls.
Pinkly Posts: 1414
I've suffered with this alot through this pregnancy, it had stopped from about 28wks but is back again! Awake since 03.30am, hoping this doesn't continue otherwise I'll be wrecked for labour!
LoveACuppa Posts: 296
I've had this too and think it's a common complaint. Even if I can get my brain to go to sleep, my bladder wakes me up! Someone said it's your body preparing you for having a screaming baby! I've found that practicing some yoga-type relaxation (breathing and relaxing each body part in turn) is a great help. It helps to clear the mind and relaxes the body. Only prob is I only know how to do it lying on my back, so will have to start trying while lying on my left side. Have you taken up yoga? I think it's safe to do from 14 weeks.
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I'm having trouble sleeping at the moment & it's driving me demented!! So tired going to bed & then I toss & turn til the early hours of the morning & I can't get out of bed in the morning!!! Arrrgh!!!