I could just slap her!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
O:| >:o( Our groomsman's wife called on Saturday night to me, for a girlie night in at HER request. It turned out her husband had a win on the horses on Saturday, and as their son had been away over night, they went out for a few drinks at lunchtime. I called her at 5 to confirm the time for that night, and I could tell she was in the pub, and I should've called time on it then, but she insisted she wanted to come down. She arrived at 7.30 absolutely plastered, and there's me sober as a judge. She could barely string a sentence together. If that wasn't enough, her 13 year old son knocked at the door at 9.30, he had decided against his sleepover and came home. He is a lovely child but has special needs. And about 10 minutes after he arrived she said 'You know Jawl and Mr. Jawl are getting married? Remember I told you? Well I have a special surprise for you, you are going!! To the full day, mass, meal, speeches, dancing the lot' :eek :eek :eek In hindsight I should have nipped it in the bud there and then and said 'No babe, just the evening time'. But I was sooooooooooooooo mad at her. Because I'm not inviting children to the evening reception either. There's a no kids policy, except for 4 who are nephews and nieces between the two sides. And you all know the headaches just one child going would cause, the offence it would cause to people who don't invite their children along without you say so! I just have no idea where it came from. Because she has a 21 year old as well, so I mean if she thinks the 13 year old is going, she must assume the 21 year old is too. Not a hope in flipping hell!!! No, no, no, no. Where do people get off??? The thing is, her child has special needs, and if he is told something, you really have to follow through with it. But I'm sorry, no, she'll be picking up the pieces of this one. I probably should have put this on stress!!! Because I'm so >:o( Mad at her for turning up like she did, mad at her for then inviting her son. She might have been plastered, but he most certainly wasn't, and he'll remember it! He forgets nothing. But most of all mad at myself for not nipping it in the bud there and then!! :duh:
MJR Posts: 387
This topic really gets me going, I cant understand why people invite their kids to weddings... I for one have a daughter and would never presume she was going, Im not sure it would be fair on her its a very very long day and plus I want to enjoy myself and not be worrying if shes ok or tired.... I would ring her today and nip it in the bud now, its not your fault at all its hers and she needs to deal with the consequences from her son, You said hes special needs and if something is said to him it has to be followed through, is he autistic?? If so I cant imagine he would be comfortable out for a whole day n night with that amount of people and load music etc Hope you sort it and dont feel bad its not your fault...
Genegirl Posts: 2110
OMG Jawl - thats awful! Who does she think she is????? This really puddles me off - stick to your guns on this one for sure! I would let her know asap that she was wrong to say this.... Good Luck
gettingmarried12 Posts: 301
Ring her now!!!! Just say she put you in an awful position- you didnt want to say no in front of the child- but a policy is a policy and others would be offended- so you know she'll understand. ! Or- get your H2B to tell the groom's man- No kids - End of. Good luck
MrsAH Posts: 3715
[quote="getting married":jactfrrq]Ring her now!!!! Just say she put you in an awful position- you didnt want to say no in front of the child- but a policy is a policy and others would be offended- so you know she'll understand. ! Or- get your H2B to tell the groom's man- No kids - End of. Good luck[/quote:jactfrrq] +1
handtwins Posts: 866
I wouldn't worry too much, she prob can't even remember today if she was that drunk :o0
Jawl Posts: 8881
She can't remember, but the child sure as hell will!!!
Genegirl Posts: 2110
[quote="Jawl":31hqg440]She can't remember, but the child sure as hell will!!![/quote:31hqg440] Thats not your problem hun - she started it she will have to deal with it!