I did it!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stinky Posts: 606
Ok I finally did it. I applied for 10 jobs on Irish Jobs.ie today. I have to get out of here - I've finally started the ball rolling. Just found out new hire due to start in 4 weeks will be on €13k a year more than me. She will be doing the exact same job - no in fact she won't - she'll be doing less than me and I will have to train her in. Have to get out of here before she starts as I dont honestly think I could train her in knowing what she will be on. Finding it really hard to sit opposite boss who knows I know this girl so must know I know what she's been offered. How can my boss look me in the eye knowing they are screwing me over so badly?????? Sorry for the rant - really annoyed about this but I have taken action so hope I'll feel better now.
Mistified Posts: 2680
Good on ya Stinky!
*gone* Posts: 4785
Well done ! Getting started at job hunting is the hardest, but keep at it and like the ad says "you never sold yourself short when you were younger, why start now?"
Pink Shoe Posts: 2300
Stinky, Fair play to you as it is not easy making that decision to get out there. I really do hate that in job's how they can do that, you should be on the same money as that girl. That would get to me to .. The best of luck looking...
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Stinky, That happened to me before and I went to the boss and said it and they matched my wages! Its worth a try. Unless you hate the job, then just leave!
Sonique Posts: 248
Snap Stinky - just sent my CV off to 2 recruitment agencies which I have been threatening to do for a year. Been working with the same boss in different companies for 10 years and I've just had enough of being the one of takes all the crap whilst he spends his time jetting around the world and partying. Had enough of the stress - I just hope I get something suitable!
stinky Posts: 606
Thanks I know I'm doing the right thing but I'm not exactly in the right frame of mind for interviews - strengths - will work my ass off for crap money! Joleigh, this is the second time they have done this! I know why am I still here???? The first time I went to them and they bullshitted me and then said they'd see what they could do. They came back and said that they could offer me a 1% pay rise (about €800 a year!) like they were doing me a favour. I actually said thanks cos I didn't trust myself to say anything else without exploding. At this point I do hate my job because it really upsets me that they don't value me at all - I'm here 7 years! But it's still hard to leave the security especially with the wedding coming up. I know I'd be guaranteed an extra 5 days hols for the wedding and I can carry over 10 days hols from this year too. They do offer excellent benefits but what's the point if your basic salary is so low? At this point I'd shine shoes on the LUAS if they were offering me an extra €13k a year!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Stinky that sounds awful. You're doing the right thing making moves to get out of there, nothing worse than not being appreciated in your job. Good luck with the job hunting!!
mad woman Posts: 22106
good woman yourself! and make sure you lie through your teeth about your current salary.
mammybean Posts: 10364
good woman. I know the feeling. I am in my current job just over a year now and havent had a single raise since i started to make it worse im on a very low wage. Plucking up to asking for the raise. Not that i havent asked before!