I don't know what to do!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Port Princess Posts: 1154
My DS1 was 4 in feb and due to start school in september he's really excited abut this but I'm afriad with the baby due at the end of november if its going to disrupt him in school because I know he'll have to take a few days off school as we're living in laois but I'm having the baby in dublin! What I'm basically asking is should I leave sending him till next year or just go ahead and hope all will be okay???
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
I think you should start him this Sept, if you leave him till next Sept he will be 5 and a half starting - i don't think the teachers will mind him having a few days off in November in baby infants - and he will probably be sooo excited having a new brother or sister he will be dying to go back to school to tell all his new pals. Congratulations by the way :o)ll
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:bnl663qh]I'd continue on to send him to school this September!! There'll always be something going on in our lives that will interrupt family things that are going on. It'll only be a few days, it won't disrupt him that much!! Sure they're only painting, learning the clock and things like that in Junior Infants - how cute!! Don't worry about it chick!![/color:bnl663qh]
flapper Posts: 93
I'd go ahead and send him to school in September. If he has to take a few days off school, then so be it. The teachers will understand. Why don't you call the school to let them know your concerns? That will probably put you at ease. Good luck with baby number 2!
luigi Posts: 867
Id send him on to school if he's excited Port Princess. He's still very young so missing a few days shouldnt disrupt his schooling too much, and it'll give him a bit of routine after baby is born with the new baby in the house (and also you'll have some time at home to dedicate with your Little one) Good Luck :wv
Port Princess Posts: 1154
I know you're right its just I don't know what way he's going to react to the new baby and I really don't want him feeling pushed out of the way. I know I'll be up to my eyes with the new baby and I don't want him to feel like I've no time for him if he has any problems in school! I'm probably just worrying over nothing! I know he'll be well able 4 it hes as bright as a button 2 clever sometimes!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Ah your such a mammy,I would send him as planned. As long as you involve him he will a just to his new brother or sister well,like I know what Im talking about :wv
mummy bear Posts: 3824
port princess i would send him, as the others said junior infants will only be colouring and playing for the first three-four weeks, and also they finish earlier than the normal time to get them used to the idea of "big school". My two are starting in Sept and i am due end of Nov, and in their school for the first month of Sept they finish at 12 and start at 9.30!! good luck with whatever you decide!!
mammybean Posts: 10364
i would go ahead and send him. keeping him at home for a whole year could also mean you will have a handfull. he will be well used to going to school by the time the baby arrives. It will also be goo for him to have his little life away from the baby
pattie Posts: 2379
I'd say if he's ready for it then send him. As the girls say, a few days off is no big deal. Also, if you have a little more free time in the day you might have more energy for him when he gets out of school in the afternoon. He'll already have 2 months done by the time the new baby arrives, so he should be well settled in school by then. And he could be bored and frustrated if he was kept home an extra year when he's already ready for school.