I don't like sport

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
There's a lot of sport on these days. And I don't like it. I don't like sport. I don't follow any teams, I don't care if Ireland wins at the rugby. I just really don't enjoy sport. I don't begrudge anyone a win now - if Ireland wins at something then grand, great for the fans and the players. But I really don't like sport. And I feel like I'm the only one. Am I?
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
only sport i like is my rugby, was on the edge of my seat all afternoon. HATE football with a passion and don't really get GAA. but my rugby, and the rugby boys, YUM :o0
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
You're not alone, I don't like any sport, couldn't tell you the name of one rugby/golf/GAA player etc.
alex2012 Posts: 352
[quote="Smileykaz":1gvqa5vf]There's a lot of sport on these days. And I don't like it. I don't like sport. I don't follow any teams, I don't care if Ireland wins at the rugby. I just really don't enjoy sport. I don't begrudge anyone a win now - if Ireland wins at something then grand, great for the fans and the players. But I really don't like sport. And I feel like I'm the only one. Am I?[/quote:1gvqa5vf] +1 I just dont know what do u get out of watching it its so boring!!!
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
Another one here. I have no interest and no clue either. OH and I went for a lovely long walk in a national park today and he was just desperate to get back because Man U are playing. So instead of just enjoying the day he was clockwatching.
HippyChic Posts: 1812
[quote="Daffydil":g0g1o1hh]You're not alone, I don't like any sport, couldn't tell you the name of one rugby/golf/GAA player etc.[/quote:g0g1o1hh] +1
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ooh yey, delighted it's not just me! It's just something I feel I 'should' like cos everyone seems to. My FB and Twitter timelines are FULL of sports results and 'Go on Man U' and all of that and I just don't get it. I just don't like it. Same as you Carolina, we were out this morning and hubby couldn't wait to get back for the match. IN a way I don't blame him, as I have my programmes on TV like Desperate Housewives or One Born Every Minute that I HAVE to watch and that I watch the clock for. So I guess it's only fair. It's just poo that sport dominates both Saturday AND Sunday like.
HippyChic Posts: 1812
I'm really lucky in that respect - H2B's work often has him at sporting events so he gets his fill of them that way. He's not into supporting any teams and while he might throw on an Ireland match now and then he can really take it or leave it. We Sky+ everything else and watch it at our leisure. Sky+ is the business!
tassajara Posts: 723
I don't enjoy watching sport on TV but I like playing sport and training. Even the logic of you must understand the rules and love playing the sport to enjoy watching a sport of TV doesn't apply to me as while I love cycling, I cannot watch any of the Tours on TV without being very bored after an hour of it.
zoesmama Posts: 2774
In this house we watch Rugby - Munster & Ireland, Soccer - Ireland & Greece and the GAA both hurling & football. I know when the matches are on and I work around them. I watch it when it is on but if I have something better to do that's ok too. But DH is not into the Premiership Thank God which cuts out a lot of the time spent watching it nor do we have Sky Sports so it really is limited & seasonal what is on.