I dont like my wedding ring

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

skittles Posts: 1312
oh god i cant believe this has happened, we collected our rings at the weekend and i dont like mine with my engagement ring. :o( they dont go together well and even on its own its too thin looking. i dont know what to do,told h2b last night and he asked me to use it for the wedding and then he'll buy me a new one after the wedding and i can use the 1st one as an eternity ring. im so annoyed with myself about this,i think i rushed into picking it,they didnt even have the one i wanted in the shop so this one was made for me and its not right. :o(
08Aug09 Posts: 405
is there no way you could bring it back and ask for a new one I know when I got my engagement ring my H2B was told I could exchange it if I did not like it plus its not like you have worn it and they can melt it down and use it again
soon-to-be madame Posts: 59
Hi Skittles, I agree, i'm sure they will take it back! give them a call! sounds like hb2 very thoughtful! he'll buy you a new one after (although after the wedding i bet it will have grown on you!!!you might not want to change it then! :lvs )
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
Dont panic! I was the same i got mine made and when i got it back i HATED it! He told me to just keep trying it on until i got used to it and not do anything rash for a few weeks. I wanted him to re-make it again The more i came back and tryed it on the more i liked it. And now i love it! And i cant wait to get wearing it!! Still a while to go yet but!!
kitten_77 Posts: 826
yea i agree, the shop should definitly accept the return and especially if you're willign to purchase something else there... if you haven't worn it then they have no reason not to take it back!
bucketofchips Posts: 1913
[quote="skittles":36au1iy0]oh god i cant believe this has happened, we collected our rings at the weekend and i dont like mine with my engagement ring. :o( they dont go together well and even on its own its too thin looking. i dont know what to do,told h2b last night and he asked me to use it for the wedding and then he'll buy me a new one after the wedding and i can use the 1st one as an eternity ring. im so annoyed with myself about this,i think i rushed into picking it,they didnt even have the one i wanted in the shop so this one was made for me and its not right. :o([/quote:36au1iy0] Is there no way you could change it before the wedding? I wasn't happy with my ring pretty much after I started wearing it (nearly 3 years ago now) and felt very similar to the way you do. I hate the fact I don't like it and I am planning on changing it for a new one in a few months when I come into some extra cash. I feel shi*ty I didn't do this before our wedding day as even though I will still wear my original wedding ring on my right hand when I get a new one, I would have prefered I didn't have to.
SUMO Posts: 543
[quote="skittles":2vhfppuf]oh god i cant believe this has happened, we collected our rings at the weekend and i dont like mine with my engagement ring. :o( they dont go together well and even on its own its too thin looking. i dont know what to do,told h2b last night and he asked me to use it for the wedding and then he'll buy me a new one after the wedding and i can use the 1st one as an eternity ring. im so annoyed with myself about this,i think i rushed into picking it,they didnt even have the one i wanted in the shop so this one was made for me and its not right. :o([/quote:2vhfppuf] Hi Skittles Why don't they go together? Did you have to get a piece cut out of your wedding ring to make it fit with your engagement ring and it doesn't sit into it? Do you think your wedding ring is too thin even when it's with your engagement ring or are you just thinking that if you had it on your other hand that it's very thin to be on it's own? Can you post a photograph of both rings so that I can get a better idea of what the problem is with your wedding ring? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get a better idea of what's wrong with your ring :xxx Can you bring it back to the jewellers where you got it and explain to them what the problem with it is? If they are skilled jewellers then they should be able to do something with it. Bear in mind though that the majority of jewellers just order in from catalogues so they may not actually be craftsmen so they may not be able to fix it but they may be able to get a better match in for you. If it was me, I know if I replaced it after the wedding I'd always be looking at the new ring thinking that it just isn't your wedding ring (hope this makes sense) The only piece of advice I can give you is that your wedding ring and your photos/video will be the only things left after your wedding. You still have 7 weeks till your wedding so your jewellers should have enough time to sort it out. Sorry for the babbling I just know how upsetting this must be for you :wv
skittles Posts: 1312
thanks everyone for the replies, let me explain a bit more. my engagement ring is like this [img:8u4795e7]http://www.bluenile.com/assets/product_images/rings/DM03500900_PR_100_200zoom.jpg[/img:8u4795e7] wedding ring is this [img:8u4795e7]http://www.fields.ie/Portals/3//stock/image/05-33-057.jpg[/img:8u4795e7] i didnt get a piece cut out of the wedding ring because the gap is so tiny it doesnt bother me, but the diamonds on the wedding ring dont go as far as the diamonds on my engagement ring and it makes them look weird together, also the band is quite thin,i dont want a big chunky wedding band but i would prefer if it was a thicker band than the band on the engagement ring.i think i will chance it with the jewellers and see what they say,hopefully they will change it,especially if the new ring will be more expensive than the one i have. ;o(
Hi Skittles It all makes more sense now : ) Definitely get onto your jewellers and explain to them what you don't like about your ring. I'd say that they just ordered that one in so there'd be a good chance that they'd just be able to order in a new one. Can I just ask one final question, did you get it in the same jewellers that you got your engagement ring? Reason I ask is that in general jewellers will stock rings that go together so if you got them both in the same place you could also ask them what the match is for your engagement ring. HTH :wv
Skittles I also meant to say, in terms of the rings being matching ones, afaik with matching rings the stones would go around the sides the same amount on both rings. If you have a look at the matching rings on bluenile this is what I mean http://www.bluenile.co.uk/all_settings. ... &oid1=7120