I Feel Like Crap...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I'm seriously contemplating putting our wedding on indefinite hold... I don't want the wedding at home but I do want it abroad and I hate the limelight and so does H2B. My mom was originally fine about going abroad but it is my dad that is the bother. I want about 30 at it and that's it! I feel completely FED UP of this whole thing... And the way I feel at the moment - I don't CARE if we get married :weep :weep :weep
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
are your parents paying for it or why are they getting a say in the plans? i wouldn't tell them any details - when everything planned tell them when and where and let them decide whether they want to come. if you only want 30 people you should stick to your guns. Or else just Elope??? if you just want to be married without all the fuss would you just have a small ceremony with a meal in a restaurant for the 30 people you want there? i know its easy to say but not so easy to do!
Thanks for your reply. No, they are not paying for it.
lux Posts: 6270
It's easier said than done, but honestly, if you're this upset its not too late to change plans. We had two days, the first was lovely. Just us and our parents in the registry office, then onto the Shelbourne for champagne, then a lovely dinner. We woke up the next day and part of us thought, that is all we needed to do, we are just as married as we would be with a huge wedding, loads of frills and expense. Now, we're glad we had the second day a week later and we had a ball. But it takes €150 and five minutes to get married, every single choice outside that is a total optional extra and if you don't want it, don't have it!
streaks Posts: 3592
Aww no, I hope your feeling better about it soon :action32 try not to let it upset you too much. I know that's easier said than done but if you just make a decision with your DH and stick to it regardless of what anyone else says, it is ye're day afterall and you shod be able to look back and say you had they day you both wanted. If you find people are interfering too much, limit the amount of info you give them, it will be much less stressful and save 'everyone' voicing their opinion as to what's the 'best' way to do it.
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
Don't have any constructive advice for you, but I agree with what everyone else is saying. I'm pretty sure Lux's wedding was featured somewhere and it was gorgeous and I just featured a teeny-tiny intimate wedding. You don't have to go abroad to have a small day - or to elope!
goinloco Posts: 774
if i was you i would just go ahead and book it, then tell everyone the details
Thanks girls! We are going to sit down during next weekend and decide what WE want and go from there. I just need my family to back off O:|
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
Sorry your feeling like this Flexy :action32 Haven't you changed your wedding plans before too? (I may be thinking of someone else ;o( ) I would definately sit down with H2B and decide what ye want and tell both families that this is what's happening and there's no changing any details! Be firm and final when ye make ye're decision :thnk
Jawl Posts: 8881
Families eh?? My dad was the opposite, wanted us to have it abroad :o0 The one thing I've learnt wedding planning, and it's only taken 20 months :o0 is that you need to please yourself! Everybody is free and easy with their input and opinions, what's even more surprising is the people who seem to think they have a right to, and you will never please everybody so just go with what you and your H2b want.