I fell last week!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chicken Licken Posts: 873
Hi girls - before there are any worries - I am fine and so is babs. I just wanted to let you all know how quickly things can happen. I was getting into the bath (shower over the bath) last Thursday afternoon and down I went like a sack of spuds! I fell on my bum and caught myself falling and hurt my left shoulder too. I sat there for a few minutes in shock and needless to say a throbbing ass!! I had my shower and extra carefully got out and sat on my bed feeling mighty stupid. The babs started kicking and i felt much better but phoned my doc anyway. He said that I should be fine but a little sore for a few days and that to watch for any spotting or bleeding. Thankfully all has been ok and there's a few healthy bruises to show for it. This is something that could have happened many times before but didn't and made me realise that in the blink of an eye disaster can happen. My DH has banned me from the bath unless he is there to help me in or out.. :-8 :-8
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Your poor thing :action31 Glad you and baby are ok after the shock of it
Babybaby Posts: 140
Aw your DH is so sweet, thats so nice. Hope your ok after your fall it must have been frightening. :xxx
newyearbabs Posts: 686
god love yah. At least you and babs is ok thank god
[email protected] Posts: 492
Ah you poor thing! You get such a fright, i fell at 41.5 weeks out walking, had a massive gash on my knee and bruise on my hip - made a pretty sight in the labour ward!!
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
My sis in law is due next week and told me today she went down on her hands and knees over her own two feet at the weekend. Said that it has happened her a few times and shes learning to fall now!! She said that there is an automatic instinct to protect your bump as each time she has fell on her side or on her ass. I'll be more careful in future!
[email protected] Posts: 492
The bump changes your whole centre of gravity making falls a big reality!!!! We'll have to storm our guardian angels!!!!