I got my dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Helenl123 Posts: 1457
I can't believe it, from me who said id' not be getting a traditional wedding dress cos i was getting married in a reg office, to actually having gone and found "the one". I really thought cos i was only 5ft that a wedding dress would be silly on me, but i could not believe it when i tried this dress on. I even had my mother come and look at it and she cried when i had it on, perfect reaction!!! I got it in the Baldoye outlet and the staff there were amazing, it was pricey, but well...... once i had it on, that was it, there was nothing i could do, i found the one, so it has to be paid. I would highly recommend Baldoyle for your dress.
wollie01 Posts: 248
Thats great. ISnt it a lovely feeling when you find the right dress?
ye i tried one or two on and liked them they were ok, but once i had that on and i was facing the mirror i just felt amazing, and i'm very critical of myself, but i have to say, i looked like the most beutiful bride to be. I wanted to find a dress that when i walked out of the shop i 'd not be thinking twice about it, and this one is that. I just want to get married now so i can wear it.
Mum of one Posts: 304
That's great news helen123, you must be on air! I got a phone call during the week to say my dress has arrived in the shop so I'm going to see it on Sat. I can't wait. Hope to get that feeling back again :o)ll
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
That's brilliant Helen123 - bet you looked fab in it! What designer / style di you go with?
this might sound sad, but i dont know... i actually dont know what designer its by. I have the receipt at home, so i'm gonna have a look tonight and i'll put it up tomorrow. ye its the best feeling ever finding the right dress. It just felt right.
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Don't worry about it at al - it's the most exciting part looking and finding "that" dress. I am so looking forward to heading out for a look. I am not officially looking until October/November but I have the 1st August booked off as a days hols and I am so tempted to book 1 or 2 appts and have a nose. Will I feel obligated to make my mind up on this day do you think or will the shops understand that I am just browsing before making any concrete decision?
i dont know about other shops, i only actually looked in this shop., but they certainly didnt make me feel obliged, so i can only assume others wouldnt either. Thing i can say is, my wedding is not for another 14 months, however i was told it could take 6 months to get the dress in and they only order the dress after you pay for half of it. So, basically they won't be ordering my dress until prob November, so i may not get it until May/June of next year, and i get married in Sept. So then the first fitting i have is 8 weeks before my wedding. So while its nice to think you've loads of time, i'd at least just give a brouse around. mind i only went to take a look on Saturday and ended up giving deposit and all, so you never know.
i dont know about other shops, i only actually looked in this shop., but they certainly didnt make me feel obliged, so i can only assume others wouldnt either. Thing i can say is, my wedding is not for another 14 months, however i was told it could take 6 months to get the dress in and they only order the dress after you pay for half of it. So, basically they won't be ordering my dress until prob November, so i may not get it until May/June of next year, and i get married in Sept. So then the first fitting i have is 8 weeks before my wedding. So while its nice to think you've loads of time, i'd at least just give a brouse around. mind i only went to take a look on Saturday and ended up giving deposit and all, so you never know.
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
congrats on getting "the" dress its just such a mad feeling when your looking at yourself in the mirror with a wedding dress on,,,, O-O