I got my due date wrong :o(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Royal Wolly Posts: 1020
Hi girls, I haven't been on for a few days as I am a little shocked!! Basically got a BFP on November 16th and my last period was October 16th which would give me a due date of July 23rd..... I had a scan on Thursday and they gave me a revised due date of August 2nd, saying that the little kidney bean was only 1cm...... I just can't get my head around this, that means that I was only 3 weeks pregnant when I got a positive.... Has anyone else been though this, does anyone know how it happened?? Is it possible that I ovulated later than I thought??? :-8
Hepburn Posts: 4081
That must have been a bit of a shock Royal Wolly..... It's not too much longer to wait though. I'm not sure myself how that happened. It just goes to show how complicated our cycles can be even if we think we have them pin pointed. I hope you adjust to your new due date soon.
grumpy Posts: 1280
That is odd all right, but scans and our own edd do not always match up - I used to work with a girl who's own date was Oct 13, then the first scan put it at Oct 25, and the second put it at Nov 10 :eek! I would talk to the hospital and try to decide a definite date that you're both willing to stick to.
lin Posts: 107
Hi Royal Wolly, I had my scan last Thursday and exactly the same thing happened to me. Last period was August 13th and due date was May 20th, however they revised it at the scan to May 30th. (This means I was also only 3 weeks pregnant when I got BFP).
Royal Wolly Posts: 1020
Really Lin??? Perhaps the machine was not working on Thursday??!! ;o) I was in Hollis Street, where were you??? I know that it is not a biggy really, I am pregnant and delighted but you can't help but worry when you find out baby is smaller than expected!!! At least I know now, I would hate to go through my pregnancy counting down the weeks and then come to the end and find out I had two more (and then going over by two) arghhhhhh!!! O:|
lin Posts: 107
I don't think its the machine - I'm in Galway! Not too worried, feel the same as you really.... happy to know my dates sooner rather than later. The mid wife said that this often happens, but they only change the due date if it is out by more than 10 days.