i hate my job

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

voddy Posts: 108
Oh god, i hate my job >:o( , its really getting me down :o( . I had been looking for a new job before i got pregnant but didnt find anything suitable. Now i just feel trapped - i feel like crying coming in here every morning and i suppose the hormones arent helping. I'll have to stay here until November as there's no point even looking for a job at the moment. Arrrrggghhhhh! >:o) O:| Sorry, i had to get that off my chest
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Oh Voddy there is nothing worse.. but try and see the end line.. you will have at least 6 months of maternity leave very shortly.. Thats exciting:o)ll I know how you feel though, but its not that I hate my job its more that I can't get past my chauvanistic colleagues :eek And getting pregnant certainly didn't help my cause.. but now I'm 7 weeks and counting to my maternity leave! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
darkie27 Posts: 1449
Hey Im in the same position I hate hate O:| O:| my job but have to stay here now :o( but as the other poster said we have maternity leave soon yipeeeeeee x :o)ll :o)ll so chin up and we can get through this :xxx
baby-bel Posts: 929
oops edited as I posted in wrong thread. I absolutely hate my job too, but will hang in there for the mat leave, Dec is so far away though!
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
oh yes I'm hearing you, have 12 weeks left it feels like an eternity used to love it here too until i got an idiot of a new boss, can't wait to go on mat leave now, the pressure hasn't let up at all since i got pregnant, and more and more work is being pilled on me as we speak,a m nearly crying thinking how much I need to do :(
sinion Posts: 6050
another one here, i've been with my place for over 7 years and i'm learning just how little loyalty means, feeling really let down by how i'm being treated. The company is great with regards to maternity benefits but there's just so many little things happening that are leaving me feeling really let down. Can't wait to get out of there!
voddy Posts: 108
Bring on the maternity leave :o)ll - Im defo not coming back here afterwards :wv
sinion Posts: 6050
If they are paying your maternity leave you'll need to check first if they have a policy about returning to work after. Some places have it in their contracts that if you don't come back to them for a certain length of time after your leave is finished you either don't get all your pay or you have to pay some of it back. So if you're planning on not returning just check this out first. I'm planning on not going back either so I'm in the process of finding out what our policy is here, but I can't really ask the HR manager as it would look very suspicious!