I have had the BEST day, the best...!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hins Posts: 940
First off I got the job. I went down and she interviewed me again with the MD. He was lovely, they asked me pretty much the same questions and then he said "Will you excuse us for a moment". So off they went, and came back about five minutes later and he said "Hins, you have the job, we'd like to offer it to you, X will give you the rest of the details and I'll leave you to it". I couldn't BELIEVE it. I'm delighted, so I start tomorrow. I would have liked to start Monday but hey, I can't afford to be fussy or tell them I'd plans so I had to cancel things I had on tomorrow. I'm over the moon. THEN, I do acting classes part time. I'm always coming out on a low (90% of the time) with her harsh criticism that I'm supersensitive to but tonight we did our end of term final showcase. It was a duologue and I had a whopper of dialogue in it whereas my partner didn't. It was a scene about a woman who was raped and subsequently became pregnant. I was 3rd on, and I SHOOK with nerves to the point I thought I was going pass out and get sick, but I didn't. I got up there and did it. We missed out on one line but it wasn't obvious to the audience and we just carried on. I came out on such a high, such an absolute high and it's the BEST feeling ever. I'm so proud that I overcame my nerves and even though I shook a bit, I still did it. On the way back down my teacher patted me on the back and whispered "Well done" and my duologue partner came over and kissed me. We were so chuffed with ourselves. Anyhoo....not often a day is simply perfect so I'm savouring it :-8
Babylou Posts: 724
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Congrats
tinkerbella2010 Posts: 762
oh hins, its lovely to hear you had such a good day!!!!
Thanks girls. I really feel so good and for once in my god d*mn life it's down to me. Like I was driving home and I thought to myself that it's not because of a partner, or friends or anything. It sounds so stupid but it was a natural high you know.....I felt so so happy with the way today went. The all went the pub for end of term celebrations etc but I could only have one and it was a rotten non alcoholic beer at that lol!!! Meh....once you get the initial cardboardy taste off it, you convince yourself it's alright. I took a swig and was like "Hmmm good stuff". Hehe!!
Miah Posts: 2738
Shin I'm absolutely delighted for you! The job, the acting - well done on both counts. I know EXACTLY how you felt before going on stage - it's the most nerve racking thing but amazing that once you get out there you could move mountains and the feeling when you get a good reaction is like no other on the earth! After 15 years at it I still got the nerves but I think they actually help you to give a better performance! So well done! :o)ll
That's it Miah, there is NO describing it. I mean every single week, after I'd put so much hard work into learning a blo*dy convoluted scene she'd look at me at rehearsals, stare blankly for about ten seconds then go "Yeah, eh too Monotone Hins, Too monotone, is this supposed to be a rape scene?? Where's the emotion?. Only Monday for instance she gave feedback as it was our last rehearsal before tonight and she went "Yeah Hins, there was NO performance energy in that at all" I said back to her "I disagree, I felt I gaev it my all" and she interupted going "I'm GIVING you my feedback, I'm not looking for feedback on Feedback Hins, take it, don't take it, this is what you're all paying me to do". I came out in tears, but tonight I finally let go of it all and put the feelings into it. I paused when she told me to pause and it went so well. I felt so so proud of myself Miah, sounds silly but I almost cried lol!!!! Isn't it great? Are you doing any more work on stage or have you things going in the pipeline??
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Shin im sooooo chuffed for you, was thinking of ya last night and had no computer to check how you go on (DH has it in mayo), Glad your on a high and long may it continue :o)ll :o)ll
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Great news hun. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Miah Posts: 2738
No further plans to tread the boards in the near future Shin - I've done everything I wanted to do - chorus roles, dancing roles, leading lady roles, backstage, front of house and even my little naked stint last year ( :-8 ) so I went out on a high. Now I'm ploughing my energies into writing and TTC-ing!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Congrats on getting the job!!! Wohoo!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll