I have heard it all now

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
I nearly got sick............
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
Oh sweet Jesus :( that's awful. Makes me feel sick!
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Wtf? Thats unbelievable :eek
corkiegirl Posts: 825
1940s??
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
Seen something similar on dr Phil once. The mother would put chilli sauce in the child's mouth whenever they were bold. It's definitely child abuse
Luka Posts: 1904
[quote="happilymarried2010":32pvgbyk]A girl i know said she puts mustard into her 2 year olds mouth when she misbehaves.........I nearly got sick............[/quote:32pvgbyk] That child needs saving from that monster! What a dispicable thing to do. If I were you I be reporting her. That is child abuse.
Claddagh1981 Posts: 1117
Not that it makes it right..but is it for bad language or just being bold in general? What a very odd thing to do!!! I wonder how she would like it >:o(
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Disgusting! Poor child and only two years old.
allthingssparkley Posts: 110
I used to be threatened with that was I was younger,never actually happened to me but it scared the crap out of me!
wollysocks Posts: 1773
[quote="Luka":m3mv780w][quote="happilymarried2010":m3mv780w]A girl i know said she puts mustard into her 2 year olds mouth when she misbehaves.........I nearly got sick............[/quote:m3mv780w] That child needs saving from that monster! What a dispicable thing to do. If I were you I be reporting her. That is child abuse.[/quote:m3mv780w] Slightly ott? Not nice certainly but- A monster? Child abuse? ....hmmmm....not sure there is any evidence of this- if this is the only thing then.... I wouldn't do it myself or advocate it but this is a bit vague- how does a 2 yr old misbehave? Is it more of a threat and a tiny taste of mustard? I don't know...not a nice form of punishment but was it that uncommon for people years ago to wash out a child's mouth with soap for bad language or for a child caught smoking to be sat down and forced to smoke the packet? My parents slapped us when we misbehaved- not acceptable now I know -but it was a type of discipline and we probably deserved it! They are neither monsters nor child abusers. I think when the terms ' monster' and 'child abuse' are used so freely, it actually leaves us unable to articulate real cruelty and depravity etc towards children.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9