I have just found Out I'm Pregnant- What next?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MayPrincess Posts: 48
Hey, It's my first pregnancy and I am only three weeks gone. Haven't been to GP or anything. When should I go to GP? I haven't a clue what to do next.
doler Posts: 11
Hey mayprincess Congrats I know what it's like I'm just gone into 8th week waited a week before I went to the doc. I Found out at 2 weeks so would book an appointment to have it confirmed. When you think u are due? How you feeling?
JLa Posts: 527
Congratulations MayPrincess!! :o)ll I found out on Monday last, seems that I am 4-5 weeks gone, my first too. Can't believe it! Isn't it the strangest thing, especially when you're not really expecting it? We were thinking it would take at least months, but we got lucky straight away! I went to the doctor yesterday, but there's not much that they can do at this stage bar give you some advice about eating etc. It's killing me not to be able to tell anyone!! My doctor didn't even bother doing a test, because I've tested myself twice and have missed AF this month, she said their tests aren't much more accurate. Should see the doc soon anyways, just to put your mind at rest, and get referred to the Consultant/to the hospital so you can start the ball rollign with appointments etc. And it's nice to say it out loud to someone :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Temperance Posts: 165
MP I would wait a week and maybe go to dr next friday. Make sure you are taking folic acid. If you are going public the dr will sort it out for u once you know what hospital you want to go to. Congratulations TX
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Firstly congratulations :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I would start if not already taking folic acid and then maybe after the weekend give your doc a ring to make an appointment to confirm pergnancy then when he/she has done that they will prob give you a letter for your chosen hospital so then ring them to make your first appointment and then relax and enjoy the rollercoaster until week 12 :o0 :o0