I have my bump - 16 weeks :-) too early?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi Girls, I'm so delighted, finally the bloating and horrible fat feeling is gone and I have a solid little bump that's starting to round very nicely :-) Is it a bit early to have it at 16 weeks, a lot say you don't get one until 20 weeks with your first, anyway, I'm thrilled :-) Would just love to know when everyone else got theirs. So exciting :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll xxx
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Its never too early!! It'll probably disappear tomorrow though! I have days when I dont know if I look pregnant or just fat, I'm wearing maternity tops just so theres no confusion! It is very exciting though :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I had a nice bump pretty early on and its so much better than having that "has she put on a few pounds" look!!! I have been growing steadily through my pregnancy though, it has only ever disappeared when I go swimming lol!!! its the funniest feeling in the world, your tummy just feels flat in the water :o0
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Same as Mrs W mine has been up and down for the last while but I'm starting to get offered seats on the bus so I must look pregnant now! Enjoy it! Buy something that screams maternity wear to celebrate! The first thing I bought was a stripy stretch maternity dress, it's a real belly hugger!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I have a wedding in 2 weeks and tried on my dress last night, its a maxi one shoulder dress I had from before but its jersey so I knew it would fit, I look massive in it, OH was in fits! I bought a stripy t shirt in NewLook that says "mammy to be" it was one of the first I tried one the first time I went shopping so I bought it just because I had a proper bump in it!
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I always thought I would wait until 16-20 weeks before announcing my pregnancy but I had a little round 'bump' by 14 weeks - there was definitely no hiding it!
Ljp Posts: 161
I'm 16 weeks too now and have a proper bump...have been fretting that i am too big for this early (this is also my first) but i have to say i love my bump. I can't fit into any of my pants now, even with a belly band thing they are all too tight and uncomfortable. I have gained about 6 pounds already. Have been eating a bit more but not pigging out or anything and i still eat healthily so i guess i'm ok. What size were u to start, sometimes if u are small to start they say u're bump pops out earlier.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I had an obvious bump at 12 weeks and went on to have a gorgeous 10lb DD! :o)ll