I keep forgetting my new name!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gummiebear Posts: 2911
I just rang a hotel there to confirm a booking I have with them in April. The girl asked for the name the reservation was made under and I gave my maiden name. I nearly fell off the chair when she said she had No reservation under that name. :eek :eek I kinda had to ask her to check under my married name then, and tried to explain to her that I keep forgetting I am married. :o0 Did it take the rest of you girls long to get used to your marriage name, If I am honest I just mostly use my maiden name as I can't get used to saying the new one.And I am finding it hard to say My Husband onstead of Partner/ Bf.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Me too..... I've changed my name on facebook and that is about it. I never thinking of using my married name!
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
I'm still using my old name except for my hospital appointments. I'm too lazy to change everything else and I think a small part of me doesn't want to!
ott Posts: 3920
When we get married I will have 4 possible names! I use the Irish version of my name (first name and surname) most of the time - but the odd time I use the English for some reason or another and when someone can't find a reservation/my contact details I have to ask them to check under the English. Also, neighbours/family would address me by my English name. I'm going to use the Irish version of H2B's name, but locally I will be known as the English also. How complicated (and patriotic)!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Took me ages too, used to get a tingle at first when I said it or heard it being called now I just get a dread :o0 :o0 :o0 , even my MIL forgets my name, she came with me to an appointment and the girl called "Mrs Summer" and my MIL said "[email protected] theres someone here with the same surname as me" :o0 :o0 :o0 , dozy moo O:| O:|
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
[quote="Mrs Summer":2thnu79l]Took me ages too, used to get a tingle at first when I said it or heard it being called now I just get a dread :o0 :o0 :o0 , even my MIL forgets my name, she came with me to an appointment and the girl called "Mrs Summer" and my MIL said "[email protected] theres someone here with the same surname as me" :o0 :o0 :o0 , dozy moo O:| O:|[/quote:2thnu79l] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: I do it too if I am on the phone and I have to say ' My Husband' I nearly whisper it down the phone :o0 :o0 I suppose it takes a bit of getting used to. Haven't really changed anything official like my passport or drivers licence. I suppose 33 years of being called one name is hard to change :o0 Glad I am not the only one though.
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
yeah it took me a while but my email acconut is in my maidan name and today i tried getting in to it useing my married one. i guess what im trying to say is now im too used to my married one!