I kind of like this dress!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dinnys Posts: 78
Ok so I have just been doing some looking up dresses on the net and I came across lightinthebox.com I really want a lace dress and I found one I kind of like and I am just looking for some opinions on it (good and bad please) I am worried that the lace looks a bit cheap... what do others think http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line-Swe ... rrency=EUR
Leftbank Posts: 2395
The pic is not great being honest, but my friend got a chinese company to make her dress and it was 300. Dress was over 3K in the shop. Light in the box is hit and miss being honest..
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
I would be very reluctant to buy this kind of dress from a website as with lace I feel that you really need to see the dress to know what it is like. I have bought a lace dress for my wedding and when I looked it up on a website it looked nothing like it did in the shop.
XcitedMum2b Posts: 165
Be careful! I was determined to get a cheap dress off the internet to stick to our tight budget! 2 internet dresses later and i still wasnt happy! :duh: They just werent up to scratch compared to the dresses in the shops. In the end my H2B insisted I buy one from a bridal shop as he didnt want me just making do with an OK dress so that we saved money :xox I am soooo glad i did! I feel much better now! Not sayin they all bad, but just be wary! HTH :thnk
skitchums Posts: 1283
Yeah, I agree with the othersm I'd be very slow to buy online without at least trying on the dress first. Have you been to bridal shops at all yet?
skitchums Posts: 1283
Yeah, I agree with the othersm I'd be very slow to buy online without at least trying on the dress first. Have you been to bridal shops at all yet? Also, your thread title says it all you "kind of like" this dress....wait til you actually "love" a dress! :wv