I love a freebie!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Just got a text from UPC my tv/phone/broadband provider saying to thank us for our loyalty, they are giving us a free broadband upgrade to 5mb. I only have the value broadband for 15 a month, because I only use it for surfing. But I love a freebie, especially on a boring/busy Tuesday :o0
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
[quote="Jawl":1zg19hed]Just got a text from UPC my tv/phone/broadband provider saying to thank us for our loyalty, they are giving us a free broadband upgrade to 5mb. I only have the value broadband for 15 a month, because I only use it for surfing. But I love a freebie, especially on a boring/busy Tuesday :o0[/quote:1zg19hed] me too , yay!!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Just as well, cos the connection the past while has been a bit erratic!
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Got that too! Must actually remind OH to turn off modem...
wonder did everyone get it?
redwifey Posts: 2932
Just be careful sometimes this means you are locked into a longer contract by taking it.
[quote="redwifey":2dj4x11k]Just be careful sometimes this means you are locked into a longer contract by taking it.[/quote:2dj4x11k] Well to get it, just just have to turn on and off modem - so many people do that each day, surely they couldn't extend your contract for that? Not like you can reject it IYKWIM
redwifey Posts: 2932
That's probably fine so. I have 5mb at the moment and we were offered a 'free' upgrade to 10mb but then in the small print it said that by taking the 10mb it meant that we were contracted for another 12 months. It sounds diff to this way though as I would have had to ask for the upgrade.