I love Town Bride! And my SIL2B! And Boulevard...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gone2007 Posts: 4182
Cafe Pizzas! And everything and everyone in the world ever!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Coz I just had a lovely evening in Town Bride discovering that in the right dress i do not look like a pregnant hippotomus afterall!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are wooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnderfull in there! And my lil SIL2B is a doll and so nice and honest and one of my best buds! :xxx She was so good and excited and helpful. The girl in the shop said it was the first time she ever saw a SIL in at such an early stage, maybe for the fittings but not actually shopping. I was sure I'd come out in tears ready to check myself into a fat farm but it was all so good we went to Boulevard to celebrate and i had a Thai chicken pizza and it was divine!! Ok maybe a bit counter-productive but what the heh!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
sounds like you've had a wonderful day - it's great when you have a day like that - gorgeous dress, good friends and good food. Have you decided on the dress yet or are you still looking??
This was my first shopping expedition, it was just supposed to be a 'shaping' to see what would suit me, but one of the dresses I tried on was fab and is a definate maybe! :o)ll
This was my first shopping expedition, it was just supposed to be a 'shaping' to see what would suit me, but one of the dresses I tried on was fab and is a definate maybe! :o)ll
bride. Posts: 3014
Magpie, I don't even know you but I am so delighted for you! That man in Town Bride deserves a medal, he's just brilliant.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
Magpie, I am soooo happy for you!!! I dealt with Kristen too and she is such a pet! I placed my deposit with them for my amazing dress last week! Well Done You :o)ll O-O
Gabby Posts: 2873
aww thats great Magpie. Glad you had such a good experience with them and fair play to you SIL ye must be very close. Town Bride was my next stop as I had heard such good things about them but have my dress so guess thats out
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
Great news Magpie - thrilled for you! At least you know there's at least one dress out there for you! Enjoy the rest of the shopping and definitely bring SIL2B with you next time!
Thanks girls! [quote:1j273kta]Will you post a pic of your dress or would you prefer not to? [/quote:1j273kta] i'd rather not, coz the only pic I found of it looks rank! :o0 But it's an Estes dress, full A-line crushed silk skirt with a long bodice with a scoop neckline and very thin straps ( to break up the big rugby player shoulders! ) I had two more appointments over the weekend and liked a couple of other dresses but not nearly as much as that one. A couple of dresses I tried on made me look like Princess Fiona, hence the new pic! A reminder that it might be a good idea to loose a few pounds! [/img][/quote]