I'm a heretic :*( (who needs to vent)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Please don't stone me, but I really don't like being pregnant. :o( I know I'm having far from the worst pregnancy possible, but I'm finding it so hard. I have been completely wiped out for the last 12 weeks, constant nausea, exhaustion and insomnia. Everything smells disgusting and I've a horrible taste in my mouth so I've no interest in eating, which only makes me feel worse. I have no energy or patience and I am crying all the time. I don't know how many times I've been on the verge of divorcing DH over pretty much everything and anything, and thank god DD is too small to really notice that I can just about manage the bare minimum with her. I really thought when I hit 13/14 weeks things would get better, so I soldiered on through, and I even thought it was getting better last week, but I feel miserable again the last few days. "Trimester of power" my giant fat ass >:o( I started getting some flutters last week which were lovely, but the movements are getting much stronger and I feel like I'm being turned inside out. I had a pretty easy time with DD, nausea early on was really the worst of it, so I don't know if it's just that I was completely unprepared for this or what, but I really can't wait for it to be over. :o(
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Hopefully things will improve soon. :action32 Don't be too hard on yourself, your DH is a grown-up and knows why you are like this and you DD is too little to notice and will not remember any of this.
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
Meet your sister! I am not one of these women who embrace pregnancy, its just a means to an end for me, a necessary evil so to speak!. I was so miserable for the first 14weeks too, dying with sickness, exactly as you describe, and i honestly wanted to just fall asleep and never wake up! :eek The nausea did pass for me, so hopefully it will for you too, cos i felt so much better when i could eat, and had some energy and started to sleep. Now im just suffering with horrendous heartburn, awful pelvis pain, unreal tiredness, but i cant sleep cos i cant get comfortable! I hate wearing maternity clothes, i feel massive already, and it doesnt help that i know im already a stone heavier than i was at 8.5mths with DD. :eek I try to tell myself i was younger back then, miserably skinny for my height, and under a lot of stress, but i still feel massive this time, and ive another 3mths to go! :weep I cant wait for this to be over, and i doubt i will ever do it again! I admire those women who love it, and i wish i could be one of them. I see them moving at speed around the shops, while i waddle in pain. :o( I cant even enjoy shopping for baby bits cos im in such discomfort. I want to be the spritely young mum i was 14 years ago! The one who couldnt understand why all these older women in the hospital were waddling along so slowly. I look at the younger mums now and envy their energy! :weep And while i do love babys movements too, the pressure on my bladder, and my pelvis makes me know i wont miss them when baby is born! So fear not, you are not alone. :lvs :lvs
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I can't say I'm 'enjoying' my pregnancy. The start was awful, constant nausea and some vomiting. I hate having to second guess what I'm eating or drinking all the time. I hate that some of my favourite clothes don't fit any more and so much of the maternity collections is total mank. I hate not being able to sleep because I get so uncomfortable and not being able to go for a run and keep in shape. I guess I just have to see it as a means to an end, we can't wait to be our little family and this is something I have to put up with! I mean, I wouldn't NOT be pregnant, I just don't feel that its brilliant being pregnant and a really happy, special time. I want the baby here and my body back, it really is like handing your body over to a third party for nine months and just having to get on with it.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Oh PR rant away. Thankfully this pg hasn't been as bad but I had an awful time on DS. I literally spent weeks where I could barely get off the couch and used to go days without showering cause I knew I'd end up naked and wet puking into the toilet. It was horrendous and just when I got over that I got a kidney infection and the antibotics damaged all my stomach linning and I pulled muscles from all the throwing up. I was told I would make a great advertisement for contraception :o0 :o0 At least though there is an end (even if for now it seems very far away :xox )
Lady Penelope Posts: 2019
Don't feel bad PR. You're honestly not alone. I too see it as a means to an end and I've had more or less a perfect pregnancy with no problems thank god. Just can't wait to be done, have baby here and get back to being me again. (And I don't feel bad for saying it!!)
Mommy2Two Posts: 704
Oh I hear ya! I had a really easy pregnancy first time - jogging before work, gained no weight at all, felt great, hardly affected me really. Now, had baby at 29wks so it wasn't exactly long nor had I yet got to the worst part maybe. This time, I got pregnant a stone heavier than when I had DD. Have no energy, eating all the wrong things, can't muster enough energy to exercise. I'm a SAHM now and feel like the laziest thing ever. This pregnancy is going so much better than the last in that there are no signs yet I'll be early (I missed them all last time) but I'm still wishing for it to be over. Which makes me feel awful as I know I really want to hang on a lot longer. I want me back too. I just don't think it will be as easy as all that with two under 18 months.
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Thanks ladies, although I wouldn't wish feeling like this on anyone, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does. I had a major snot cry (as my friend calls them) this afternoon with DH. I think he didn't get how bad I am still feeling so he has more of an idea now and I feel a bit less alone. Here's to a short means to a wonderful end for all of us. :lvs
Twirler Posts: 1644
Another one here. I've had a fairly easy pregnancy from what I can see, nausea for about 6 weeks but not horrendous and since 13 weeks I'm ok but I wouldn't be raving about pregnancy - hate being limited in what I can eat/drink and getting bigger and none of my clothes fitting me. I can't wait til my baby gets here and I can have my body back. 19 weeks to go and counting.
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
Can't say I'm overly enamored with the whole process either. Up until last week I was getting sick 4-5 times a day, dry wretching and feeling sick in between. I lost weight due to the vomitting and not eating because I felt so crap. I'm so turned off food at the moment, which upsets me as I love to cook. Also, my skin is all blotchy and bumpy rather than spotty, and my hair has gone wild. I am waiting with baited breath to turn into an 'earthy' type pregnant person. They all seem to have the perfect pregnancies!