I'm at my limit with the outlaws!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
I've had my fill now all along and this weekend. And I'm sickened and thought twice, three and even four times about posting on here, but if I don't, I'll fecking combust with temper!!!! Don't expect any replies, just let me let it out! >:o( None of his family will stay over in the hotel on the night of the wedding. Not one! >:o( His sister from abroad is now coming, but let us know in uncertain terms, she'd rather have come in summer, even though she asked us to have it on the date we are getting married to suit her coming home for her 60th birthday. But she's now flying home the day after the wedding. >:o( When I pointed out that there's something on the day after, they said 'ah we won't bother with that' O:| >:o( His brother is estranged from the family. But never fell out with Mr. Jawl. But has cut him off anyway. Ignored his milestone birthday, the fact he was hospitalised abroad for a week and his invitation to the stag. >:o( We had to chase the best man (his nephew) to see if he was going on the stag >:o( The limpet who sends out 'give my kids 100 euros' requests for birthdays, xmas etc has been talking (behind our backs of course but knowing it will come back!) about how selfish Mr. Jawl is for wanting to go away for his stag night. >:o( They are making snide comments on how it was probably suggested by Mr. Jawl's life long friend, and groosman. To suit him. Well it wasn't, but just for the record, he's the only one who has ever been there for Mr. Jawl so there! There's so many more which I can't think of right now as I'm so full of temper with them. F-uckers the lot of them. And what drives me mad is on the wedding day they will be demanding the best of table service, extra food and wine and the photographer to take photos of them and giving it the 'We are the grooms sisters' very loudly as if that made a difference. Like they did at his birthday. I was giving Mr. Jawl his cake and they were jumping up and down behind him grabbing him going 'Sisters, we're sisters, very important guests' I was so mortified. They spoilt every photo. They'll probably shagging well do the same at the first dance and cut in and announc they are 'sisters, grooms isters VIPS' :o0
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
Oh god Jawl I thought my outlaws to be were bad bloody hell its hard to believe these people are grown adults really dont know how you put up with that crap and your poor hubby must be awful for him too hope things get better and no matter what they do on the day just ignore them you will have a fab day Now I must go and tell my SIL to be that in no uncertain terms can she wear jeans to my wedding!!!!!
[quote="cheekybride2011":2y4kzrrb]Oh god Jawl I thought my outlaws to be were bad bloody hell its hard to believe these people are grown adults really dont know how you put up with that crap and your poor hubby must be awful for him too hope things get better and no matter what they do on the day just ignore them you will have a fab day Now I must go and tell my SIL to be that in no uncertain terms can she wear jeans to my wedding!!!!![/quote:2y4kzrrb] Why does she want to wear jeans?
skitchums Posts: 1283
Jawl, if I had inlays like that or if either of our families were anything like that I would be getting married abroad, just us, noone else! I couldn't put up with that and I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of putting a dampener on my day. Is this even an option or is everything booked now? Stupid question probably.. They sound like an awful shower tbh, sorry to hear it :-(
[quote="gamlina":24rhzygw]Jawl, if I had inlays like that or if either of our families were anything like that I would be getting married abroad, just us, noone else! I couldn't put up with that and I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of putting a dampener on my day. Is this even an option or is everything booked now? Stupid question probably.. They sound like an awful shower tbh, sorry to hear it :-([/quote:24rhzygw] Gamlina, it's not an option now. But neither is it what I want anyway. I think I have to stop forgetting what they are like and expect the worst in every outcome and then can't set myself up for a fall with them.
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
[quote="Jawl":2pvymfsw][quote="cheekybride2011":2pvymfsw]Oh god Jawl I thought my outlaws to be were bad bloody hell its hard to believe these people are grown adults really dont know how you put up with that crap and your poor hubby must be awful for him too hope things get better and no matter what they do on the day just ignore them you will have a fab day Now I must go and tell my SIL to be that in no uncertain terms can she wear jeans to my wedding!!!!![/quote:2pvymfsw] Why does she want to wear jeans?[/quote:2pvymfsw] Because she doesnt want to buy a new outfit and all she owns are jeans and tops so she thinks this is perfectly acceptable she also is demanding we pay for her hotel room ill be telling her to take a run and jump soon
[quote="cheekybride2011":1fj6agyg][quote="Jawl":1fj6agyg][quote="cheekybride2011":1fj6agyg]Oh god Jawl I thought my outlaws to be were bad bloody hell its hard to believe these people are grown adults really dont know how you put up with that crap and your poor hubby must be awful for him too hope things get better and no matter what they do on the day just ignore them you will have a fab day Now I must go and tell my SIL to be that in no uncertain terms can she wear jeans to my wedding!!!!![/quote:1fj6agyg] Why does she want to wear jeans?[/quote:1fj6agyg] Because she doesnt want to buy a new outfit and all she owns are jeans and tops so she thinks this is perfectly acceptable she also is demanding we pay for her hotel room ill be telling her to take a run and jump soon[/quote:1fj6agyg] Ha, she sounds like my outlaws girl, they don't want to spend diddly squat. But when it comes to them we are all supposed to dig deep!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Jawl, have you or your H2B ever told the family how disappointed you are in their constant carry on. I know H2B mightnt want to stir things, but if you brought it to their attention how upsetting they are, isnt the worst that can happen be that they black sheep him (would that be so bad?). Sounds like he's better off without them in his life and worth the risk... Then again, who am I to tell someone else to take a step that would risk him loosing his family but your a million times a better family for him as one person then the rest of that shower of loosers.
[quote="Urban Fairy":25j5gbsm]Jawl, have you or your H2B ever told the family how disappointed you are in their constant carry on. I know H2B mightnt want to stir things, but if you brought it to their attention how upsetting they are, isnt the worst that can happen be that they black sheep him (would that be so bad?). Sounds like he's better off without them in his life and worth the risk... Then again, who am I to tell someone else to take a step that would risk him loosing his family but your a million times a better family for him as one person then the rest of that shower of loosers.[/quote:25j5gbsm] Hi Urban Fairy, I've just this morning thought the very same thing. Maybe the time has come to say how disappointed we are. But I know the last time we expressed disappointment he was told to wind his neck in and stop being a baby! :eek If he expresses his disappointment at this we'll be given the 'no money card'. But you know what, our wedding is not for another 10.5 months!!! And they've knowing about it for 13.5 months.
sugarkk Posts: 1384
Oh you poor thing... I couldn't help thinking of The Fighter when reading your post. I just saw it at the weekend and the lead character has seven sister, each worse than the last... maybe you could go see it, it'll make you feel better, I swear! Apart from that, just think of how little you'll have to do with them when the wedding is over. I do hope that you feel better soon. I'm telling ya, go see The Fighter. Just picture your FSILs instead...