Menu

I'm Back..... V.v. long.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snozberry Posts: 1212
Well hello to everyone... I missed you all and realised there are 10 pages for me to read of messages... I am sure I will get through them all eventually!!! :lol: I have done this report and it is very long.... so get yourselves a cuppa -as story time with Mother used the saying... are you sitting comfortably, then I'll begin....... Firstly, just to let you all know it was the most fantastic day of our lives (well apart from the day we brought baby snoz into the world!) Everything was perfect and even my HUSBAND!! (getting quite a kick out of saying that!) surprised me by being quite romantic and saying all the right things in all the right places!! So here is the story…. As most of you know I won a competition to have the bridal parties hair and make updone. Gary Kavanagh and Aisling Eyre came to the Arklow Bay Hotel at around 9.45 and ‘got to work’! So professional, friendly, helpful and kept us all calm so it was quite relaxing way to get ready. Just ready to head to my folks house when some of my oldest, bestest friends appeared at the door with a bottle of champers…. We had air kisses all round to keep everything where it should be!! Off up to my folks house and Aisling came aswell as we put the lippy on once the dress and accessories were in place – she was fantastic and ended up being the one to help me into the dress as there was so much caffuffle going on with everyone all excited. Managed to get mini-me dressed aswell and keep her relatively calm. Arrived minutes later at the church only to have to wait a few minutes for hubbys family to pile into the church. Fg and mini-me decided not to go up the aisle but that broke the ice and myself and Dad laughed and smiled all the way up. :D :D Everyone said hubbys face was priceless when he saw me :shock: (awwwwww) Ceremony flew by and our priest was brilliant, keeping it all very relaxed and helping me when I squeaked out the last of my vows which had everyone in tears!! Quick photos outside church as it was quite breezy, then off to the Arklow Bay Hotel. Photographer (Declan) was amazing. Didn’t even notice him throughout the ceremony and we just did 10 mins outside of just bridal party having a laugh and then a few formal family/friends shots on the stairs of the hotel. Cant wait to get the proofs as I would think they will be brilliant! Dinner was at 5.30, early enough but as we didn’t want loads of pix it was in plenty of time before everyone got too hungry. Food amazing. Hotel service was impeccable and we were treated like royalty! Our speeches went down a treat – yes I did talk :D and yes I did get emotional!! :oops: But our Best Man was exactly that (so much so that one of my friends wanted to book him as her best man for her own wedding!!) he looked after everything and I wasn’t asked one question or didn’t have to worry about anything all day/night. I never noticed the change over from the band (who had everyone dancing all evening) to the disco – again a full floor right to the very end. Must put a mention in for my fantastic babysitter :D who cared for mini-me all day and overnight. Would highly recommend to anyone with kids to do the same. She just brought here over to us every once in a while for a cuddle/dance/chat and then whisked her away and kept her busy until bedtime. I think that’s the lot – of course I could go on and on about it but I must say that if everyone had half the fun I had then they had an amazing time. I’m still getting thank you texts and phone messages from people saying how much they enjoyed it and that it’s the best wedding they were at!! :hic Have still to get a photo website set up but will share the link in the next week or so once we get some more pix from friends. Oh yeah, we went down to in-laws for a few days as hubbys sisters were home from Oz and then we (just the two of us!) sneaked away to the Dromhall Hotel in Killarney for 2days and nights. Beautiful hotel and as I had never been to Killarney, really enjoyed it all. Life is good! Here are the suppliers lists as much as I can remember…… All dresses – Debenhams Mens suits – Blacktie Westmoreland Street Flowers – Roses Florist Arklow - exactly what I wanted – (great price too!) Hair – Gary Kavanagh, Peter Marks St Stephens Green -wonderful Make up – Aisling Eyre - fantastic, more than helpful, (even gave a bm lift to the church!) Photographer – Declan Gilmore www.dgphotos.net - got all the pix we wanted with no fuss at all. Had a great laugh with him so photos should be just what we imagined. Hotel – Arklow Bay. Would highly recommend. All our guests were impressed. Band – Kick Ass Cuckoos – brilliant Disco – Digital DJ’s – equally brilliant – brought along the heavy stuff for the lads! Think that’s the lot for now. Will post photos as soon as I can and will also do a top tips aswell…… watch this space! Looking forward to catching up on all the goss too!! :D (Added May 23rd 05) (here is a connection to a few friends snaps: http://www.photobox.ie/album/1402554 )
Grainne20 Posts: 835
AAAwwww thats brilliant....glad you all had a great time.....glad the Arklow Bay looked after ya!!!! Looking forward to having a goosey gander at the photos....so hurry up!!!!! Congrats Mrs Snoz!!! :lol:
Incognito Posts: 232
Great report [b:7scinlrj]Mrs (!)[/b:7scinlrj] snozberry. Enjoy the delights of married life!
danielle Posts: 818
welcome back snozberry and congratulations :D it sounds like you had a brilliant day-hope mine is as good :D
Mokey Posts: 576
Welcome back Snoz - sounds like you had a fantastic day.... can't believe you're back with us so quickly, it doesn't seem like that long since you went! Looking forward to seeing all the photos, I'm sure they'll be fab!! Cath xx
Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
fab report.All went really well it sounded like.Thanks for sharing! Love to see pics asap
Service Finder
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Welcome back snozberry!! Great report - glad everything went so well :D
Frankie Posts: 1571
Welcome back Mrs Snoz - sounds like you had a fab day. Congratulations! Can't wait to see those photos............
Mrs áthas Posts: 3488
congratulations Mrs Snozberry! great report...
MrsTracy05 Posts: 127
Great report Mrs Snozberry, looking forward to seeing the pics.. You sound like you had the time of your life, relaxed and enjoyed your day.