Menu

I'm getting married in 18 days .. need help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wiggles Posts: 629
Hi girls, With only 18 days to go .. I feel like i have a million things to do but just cannot think straight ... What should i be doing ? What should i have done ? Why do i feel like i am forgetting something ? Please Help :ooh :o( :ooh :ooh :ooh
Mrs Jones Posts: 566
First of all, chill. Second of all chill some more. Go through your checklists (I'm sure you probably have about 5 if you are like me!), cross off anything that is done, and for the things that are left, give yourself a deadline or write down the date that they can be done (eg. collecting dresses and flowers is last minute), and write these things on your calendar in big letters. If you have loads to do, get people to help you, and give jobs to your bridesmaids and groomsmen, that is what they are there for. Chill a bit more, then just enjoy the build-up to what will be an absolutely amazing day. Good luck and have a lovely day :wv
kittysue Posts: 1016
Hi Wiggles. Firstly Phone your Suppliers just to confirm the date and that they have directions for Church and Venue. Dress yourself in your mind...I know this sounds stupid.. but it's just to make sure you have everything ie. Shoes, Tights (if wearing any), garter, underwear, jewellery, make-up (lippy and lipgloss), tan, tiara, dimante pins, veil, perfume. Do you have your pressies got for the Mothers, BM and Best Men. Make sure you have a list of all your guests and write down what each guest gives you - it'll help when you're doing your thankyou cards. The week before arrange your rehersal.... relax and enjoy......is there anything you need to ask???
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Take one day and go somewhere nice and quiet (out to the beach, favourite country walk, the spa or a nice cafe in town on a weekday morning). Don't do anything except sit, relax and try not to think about weddings - walk, read the paper, read your favourite book - anything that is not about weddings. When you are fully chilled, take out a notebook and pen and start to write down everything you know you need to do. Then put the list away and continue relaxing - you can start working on the first thing on the list the next morning.