I'm going to have my period for wedding day!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sassypants Posts: 4461
I'm so annoyed! I'm not the type of person who knows exactly when they're period will be, as I just don't really keep track but I remember getting it on NYE and thinking "oh, I'm getting married on June 3rd, hope it'll work out that I won't have it then" BALLS, I just got mine today!!! 2nd of bloody April. And we all know that the first day or two are the worst. The planets are conspiring against me, I'm sure. Oh well, at least if it goes badly the first few days we can get an annulment due to not consummating the marriage... And no, I'm not on the pill. :duh: @ me!
mookie10 Posts: 91
me too :weep doc gave me a mini pill you just take for 3 days before you're due and 3 days after and it delays it, didn't really think at the time, what about the honeymoon :duh: will dig out the box and let you know the name of them if you want
winklefairy Posts: 907
I'd just say if you are thinking of going on the pill for a few months to cover the wedding and honeymoon, start it sooner rather than later. I've had all sorts of mood related and other problems with pills (and I know a lot of others who have too) and it can often be worst in the first couple of months. You might have no side affects at all, but if you do it'd be better to know about them, deal with them (and change pills if you need to) well before the wedding day. :wv :wv
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
There are hormonal tablets you can take to delay a period for as long as you need to, without having to go on the ordinary pill for months - definitely talk to your doctor about it.
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
Hi sassypants you poor thing :action32 This would be a nightmare for me as I suffered from really heavy periods until on went on the pill years ago. It is so handy for an event like this or your summer holidays as I wouldn't be able for the heat and periods. Would you consider going on the pill? I know that some people have side effects but I never had so you might be lucky.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Definitely go to your GP and get the mini pill. I'm on the pill myself now but remember years ago my mam getting it for me when we went on holidays. As someone else said you just start taking it for a few days before you are due.
Have never really heard of the pill that you just take to delay the period! I went on the pill a few times over the years and it really doesnt agree with me, I turn into Loopy McLooperson with it so I'm really not sure that the week of my wedding is a good time to try it but I will contact my Family Planning Clinic in the next few weeks and see what the story is. Maybe I can try it for next period and then see how we go. Thanks girls for all of your responses, I'm bloody mad at myself and my menstrual cycle!
Lucky Mrs Posts: 1167
There is definitely a pill you can take to delay your periods, Doctor gave it to me before I went on hols one year as they were due to come on in the middle of my hols, I didn't need to take them in the end but used them after for something & they do work can't for the life of me rem the name though
[quote="S Star":2cs5hync]There is definitely a pill you can take to delay your periods, Doctor gave it to me before I went on hols one year as they were due to come on in the middle of my hols, I didn't need to take them in the end but used them after for something & they do work can't for the life of me rem the name though[/quote:2cs5hync] Has anyone taken this pill and had a bad reaction? I'm just a bit wary of taking it and being an emotional mess, I'm not great at the best of times!
[quote="mookie10":3fkmphe6]will dig out the box and let you know the name of them if you want[/quote:3fkmphe6] THat would be great mookie10, thanks!