I'm going to London!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MsCabbage Posts: 674
Hey girls, I'm heading to london to see my sister tonight! So can't wait - the last time I had 2 days off work in a row was Christmas. Has anyone any tips for stuff to do? She lives in Shepards Bush. I'm there for three nights and we are already going to Phantom tomorrow night Ta ta
mrsodo Posts: 1292
hi Ms Cabbage, lucky you! London is brilliant. If you want to do touristy things, then take a bus tour. It may sound a bit naff, but I did one once and I was gob smacked at all the history and info I got on london. Whitecity shopping centre is in/near shepherd's bush I think, it opened last year and its the biggest sc in europe. You should check that out. If you're looking for some eye-candy, go to Abercromie on saville row, just off regent street. There was a half naked demi-god standing inside the front door the day I was there and they only employ gorgeous people (who are all trained to flirt with you!). There is so much to do, have a ball!! :o)ll
MsCabbage Posts: 674
Oh Juju, abercrombie sounds like a must, seeing as hubby will not be there, he he. Any advice on going out places?
mrsodo Posts: 1292
A great place to go out is a restaurant called Floradita in Soho. It is a bit pricey, but its fab! Its a cuban restaurant with great food, great cocktails and live cuban music. The atmosphere there is always great. I've recommended it to a few people and the always come back with good reports. Do book in advance, I was there on a saturday night and there was a queue down the street to get in. We had a reservation so we walked to the top of the queue and bypassed everybody! http://www.toptable.co.uk/venues/restau ... Qwod0WdkJA I'm jealous now, starting to feel nostalgic for London myself!
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
Go to Westfield Shopping Centre and prepare to shop til you drop!!!
Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
[quote="Squeek":3cuxhgs3]Go to Westfield Shopping Centre and prepare to shop til you drop!!![/quote:3cuxhgs3] I agree!