I'm huge!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Corks Posts: 355
I am ot even 8 weeks yet and, no joke, barely anything fits me :o( And that is really no exaggeration. My belly seems to have swelled to 3 times its size. Now I know its not baby yet so I'm probably bloated (Not eating much as I am quite sick) so I don't know. I really do need to buy some clothes, especially for work - at least at home I can put on a trackie or baggy jeans. But I dont really want to start buying maternity stuff yet and there is no point buying larger sizes -sure I might as well buy maternity stuff then. For you guys who are well past me in their pg did any of you feel the same and how soon did ye buy maternity wear??
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I was the same as you felt huge really early and I still do,I am just buying bigger normal clothes not in maternity yet but I will soon I reckon...im in 18-20 sized clothes..buy and try on bigger clothes its all about comfort. Try not to worry your not the only one!
Cowslip Posts: 761
If you are not eating that much then your tummy must be all water retention. I think it is a good idea to buy a few bits a size bigger because they will do you for a while after the birth and 8 weeks is too early to be in maternity clothes. I love being pregnant but am not a fan of the maternity clothes I now have to wear, and you really do need a bump for most of them. My clothes were definitely tight at 12 weeks, but I had a few bits and pieces that were big on me anyway and they got me through to about 17 weeks. I bought some casual trousers (work is casual dress) a size bigger in Dunnes quite cheaply then. I am still in them now, although they won't last me much longer, but they should fit me after the birth (fingers crossed !). I'm not that big, mostly bump, but I know it will be a while before I am back in my own clothes, my ass and hips are definitely a size bigger then normal, at least, so I will be glad of the clothes a size bigger then.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I bought a pair of jeans one size up (I just had to) around week 9 or 10 and they still fit me pretty well now. Bought two pairs of maternity jeans there just last week and the difference they make is amazing! Feels like my big belly actually disappeared just because the waistband is no longer sticking into me. I find that all the maternity tops make me look about 6 or 7 months pregnant tho!!!
Corks Posts: 355
I'm on a half day today so think I will pop into Dunnes or Penneys and buy some cheapies a size up!! Some nice wrap tops and dresses might do the job for a few months at least!!
boobies Posts: 1625
I got lovely three quarter lengths size 16 in Penney for €5!!!!! and a lovely blouse to go with it for €5 too!!! Have to go hunting for black trousers now this weekend.....
30thmay2006 Posts: 235
hi corks i'm the same really bloated and the tops of my arms seem to be too, as the sleeves on my tops are too tight, it takes me ages to find something comfy in my wardrobe every morning now!!!!
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi Corks! Your definately not the only one! I have been in maternity wear since around8 weeks too. I'm normally 12-14, could do with losing a bit before, but was by no means very fat. With me (as its my 3rd pregnancy) I know its all fluid. I was the very same way with my first though. I normally look 3-4 months pregnant at time of the month anyway. I just bloat up 2 or 3 sizes. Its just the way my body works, so your obviously the same. I'm huge now. People think I'm about 8 months gone, but only at 20 weeks! I have stocked up on maternity trousers for work because I know I will get the wear out of them. For normal wear tops I just buy size 18 now - cheap stuff but did buy a few nice maternity stuff. Everyone is different in how their body reacts, but I know from before that within a week or two of giving birth the fliud will go. I even went up a shoe size before, as my feel were so swollen! But I would definately agree that its all about comfort - especially in the hot weather! Best of luck!
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Corks, Im the same, clothes getting really tight. I look as if I've puy on a stone come evening time! I am doing bridesmaid for my brothers wedding in 2 weeks and really dreading it now, I hope the dress still fits! We havn't told the family yet so it is getting difficult to disguise it! I am normally size 10/12 and went an bought a new swim suit today, bought size 14 thinking it'll be huge bu at least it will last me for most of pregnancy and it actually fits me :-8
mumof2 Posts: 3864
[quote="Lucy-Loo":gbnxnhmc] I think it is a good idea to buy a few bits a size bigger because they will do you for a while after the birth and 8 weeks is too early to be in maternity clothes[/quote:gbnxnhmc] I disagree if you are not comfortable in your normal clothes I would buy maternity if only for the comfort. I was getting very bloated in the evenings and my waist was nearly being cut by the bands on my pants, skirts. Mom went to New Look on Friday and got me maternity pants in my own size and while there is loads of room for expansion - they fit well enough now and the comfort is fantastic. I wore them for the whole weekend with my normal tops over them and have them on this morning. Will be buying a few more pairs this week. Got a cropped pair as well. Did try ones on in Dunnes but they were really for when you have a 'big' bump I thought.