I'm soooooooooooooo mad.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maria1234 Posts: 186
Sorry girls i just need to vent my anger. O:| O:| O:| O:| We are currently building our house and theres one or two problems which i thought would work out fine. :eek Firstly we have an ESB line running along the back of the house. We made contact with the ESB and to make a long story short and paid over a connection fee they are refusing to move the line to let building commenced to roof level........ Like wat the F**K someone could get killed O:| O:| O:| I'm so mad over the whole thing. Has anyone ever experienced anthing similiar to this. :o(
lil kim Posts: 436
thats weird, you would think after paying the connection fee they would move the fecking thing in the interest of safety on the site. hopw they get the finger out and get it sorted for you.
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I feel your pain! We're building as well! It's the small little niggly things that take the longest to sort out! Didn't really have much problems getting the esb out though! They called to the farmer though just to officially get his permission to go onto his land to put up some poles and he said no!!!!!!!!!! It's the same farmer that we bought the site off! 2 FBIL's are building beside us and we paid same farmer €140,000 each for the site and now is saying that no way is he letting them onto the land until the weather dries up! O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| Headwrecker! We were hoping to be ready to move in the 2nd or 3rd week of March but if the weather doesn't dry up fast we won't be able to because we'll have no power! I'm fuming because there is nothing we can do about it! And no guarantee that when he eventually decides to let them onto the land that we won't have to wait a few weeks for them to actually come out to us! O:| O:| Sorry for hijacking your post! Just needed a little rant of my own! Am cracking up living with FMIL!
waffy Posts: 410
[quote="bride-2b":m4au9huc]It's the same farmer that we bought the site off! 2 FBIL's are building beside us and we paid same farmer €140,000 each for the site and now is saying that no way is he letting them onto the land until the weather dries up! [/quote:m4au9huc] sorry to be awkward bride-2b, but i can't actually say i blame him. i'm assuming that they need access to land beside your site, and not your site itself? well, at this time of year if trucks and machinery are driven onto wet ground (which it is because of all the rain lately) then the farmer will lose the grass, and if it's silage or crops that could work out expensive for him. in fairness, he's not saying no full stop, just wait till it dries out. you paid for your site, not for access to his land.
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
That is so frustrating. We had hassle with them when we were building our house too and it nearly drove me mad. I think the most annoying part is that its virtually impossible to speak to the same person twice and nobody is accountable for anything, its always a case of "well I don't deal with that" rubbish. Could you ask your solicitor to contact them in writing to enquire why they're refusing to move the line? At least that way someone will have to answer and it will be on paper. I know it'll probably cost ye a few bob for the solicitor to send the letter, but its better than driving yourself up the wall waiting for them feckers to get their finger out.
January Baby Posts: 1427
maria1234 what is their reason for not moving the line?