I'm starving.....like constantly!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
OMG since last week I've been hungry, like proper want my dinner hungry every 3hrs. This morning I had 2 slices of toast for my brekkie (6.30), Then 4 slices of bread & 1 banana made into 2 banana sandwiches (10) Now I'm going to heat up my lentil soup and have a couple of slices of brown bread. :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 It's so embarrassing, even one of the lads at work started slagging me last week saying everytime he saw me I was stuffing my gob :-8 All I want is bread and spuds. But if I'm having toast or a sambo it has to be white bread - totally gone off brown sliced pan. So not good for the bowels :o( :-8 I can only assume it's pregnancy related (or maybe I have worms!) but if this continues I'll be a hippo by the time baby comes. ;o( Worse thing is, if I don't eat when I start to get hungry, I end up feeling so ill. Can't remember if I was like this on DD's. Definitely not like this on DD2 - I lost a ton of weight in the first 12wks and never really put it back on.
Blackbird Posts: 5135
I've been like that on this pg but I couldn't eat on DS. This time I have to eat very regularly or I feel sick and like you said, it's all carbs I want. White bread...mmmm...spuds...mmmm...salt and vinegar crisps....doublemmmmmm Just go with it, I am 17 weeks now and the hunger has calmed down a lot and I'm not eating as much at all.
Excited 2008 Posts: 304
Hey Just to let you know that you are not the only one, I have never eaten so much but funnily am completely gone off bread and chips!!!! I am only just over 11 weeks and found out last night that its twins so I am putting it down to that!!!! I am like always hungry!!!
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
I'm stuffing my face at every opportunity as well. I love banana sambos but they bind me up. I'm already suffering in that department :-8 My mother told me to drink prune juice but even the thought of it would make me sick. I got to bed and within 5 mins I'm starving and waking up starving as well. I never used to be like that. I feel sick then if I don't eat as soon as I get up. No fear of me losing weight, I'm eating far too much rubbish.
[quote="Excited 2008":7k70atus] I am only just over 11 weeks and found out last night that its twins so I am putting it down to that!!!!/quote] I've had 2 dreams about this pregnancy, and in both I was expecting twins :o0 [quote:7k70atus]I love banana sambos but they bind me up. I'm already suffering in that department[/quote:7k70atus] I hear ya girl. Everything I want is just not doing me any good. I can't remember when I ate fruit last. Edited to add: I'm meant be going to a friends house tonight after work. There's a gang of us going for 'something small to eat' and a ton of drink. I obviously won't be having the drink, but methinks I should eat some dinner before I go![/quote:7k70atus]
mrs burgundy Posts: 85
I am totally addicted to carbs at the mo and like you RQ have gone off brown bread and feeling the consequences of it :-8 :-8 Just had a panini where I took out most of the fillings and a packet of crips and trying to think what I need to "hit" the spot
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
i was like that up to 16 weeks on this pregnancy - if i got hungry i got so so sick. Keep snacks near by - even in the car - bananas and satsumas are great, popcorn is also a good one and if i remember rightly it has fiber. I was so bad i was scoffing cream crackers in the middle of the night OH said it was like sharing the bed with the Cookie Monster :o0
jarashow Posts: 3083
Toast and cereal was all I wanted at the start and I was the same the last time round. I used to love chocolate, but went right off it. Woudl see boxes in the shops and buy it, then take it house to add to the stock pile... honest to god it was like Thorntons with all the unopened boxes! Thank god it has started to ease off and I am now eating some fruit too. As LMH said popcorn is good, has the salt savoury factor, so should hit the spot.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one :o0 Just finished my lunch but actually had to force myself to eat the brown soda bread - it just isn't the same as the white sliced. And I usually love brown soda. Ah well, I'm not complaining at all.....long may it all last :o)ll
netzer Posts: 833
RQ what have you atarted You are making me hungry :o0 I have totally gone off bread and am addicted to salt n vinegar crisps. Popcorn I must try. On Sat I scoffed a whole sweet n sour chicken with rice. I was starving. With the ms the hunger comes and goes. Just had Mc D chicken sandwich meal for lunch. Yum. So far its still in my tummy. :hic I am eating much less than than I normally do but have not lost a bit of weight. :o0