I might have got MRSA

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luckylass1 Posts: 477
My OH has MRSA and gets really bad sores every so often, he recently got one on his nose. I thought I was being careful but Im 15 weeks pregnant and this weekend just gone I felt so much worse, very tired and not well, then a sore came up on my back and today its sore to touch, I showed it to OH and he thinks it could be MRSA. I am really worried should I go to GP in the morning first thing to check it out? Or is there not much to worried about? Any advice would be great! little freaked out now!
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
Yes i'd go and get it checked even just for peace of mind, hope its not and you're feeling better soon.
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
Don't be freaking out, honestly. It's impossible to tell from looking at a spot if it's caused by MRSA, which is just another of the many many bacteria that can be on your skin - it's just a bit harder to kill. MRSA on the skin isn't generally serious at all, it's only when it causes an internal infection that it can be serious, because a lot of ordinary antibiotics don't work for it. But lots of people are walking around with it on their skin and never know it's there. If you have a sore that looks infected then certainly go to see your GP about it, but it's highly unlikely it will have any effect on your pregnancy so please don't worry.
luckylass1 Posts: 477
Finally stopped freaking. Just going to call my GP in morning and speak to her to see what I need to do if anything! Thanks guys! As u can tell 1st time mum to be!
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
how did you get on today, hope all is ok?