I must be mad - but it's for charity!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Got up this morning, lovely and sunny, stepped outside - good God, it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey!!! Please, please, [b:2eas9i6e]PLEEEEEASE[/b:2eas9i6e] tell me it's going to get warmer later on - I'm talking 4am later!!!! Myself, hubby and a few friends are doing the Darknes Into Light walk at 4am....... So I think it's going to be, home around 5, inhale a dinner - and straight to bed!!! :zzzz: :zzzz: :o0 I now have to try and find a pair of tracksuit bottoms (haven't worn them in years!), to keep me warm. They're giving us a t-shirt, but I think I'll wear a fleece under it - at least that way the charity is still being advertised (in the dark! :o0 ) and my upper body will hopefully be toasty. Another thing, the event is for the whole family....our friends are bringing their 11yr old (step) daughter, their [b:2eas9i6e]3yr old [/b:2eas9i6e]in the buggy (I'll be pushing him), and thier nearly [b:2eas9i6e]6mth[/b:2eas9i6e] old too!! :ooh I adore the kids, but I think they're crazy to bring the two youngest out, but the parents said they'd be fine.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Fait play to you for doing it. In Galway, the event is on the Prom tomorrow - I usually go for a walk on the Prom at 6am (with my fleece) and it can be quite cold to begin with, but once you get moving you will soon warm up. Good Luck :wv
Ellefun Posts: 1312
Go you. Like Galwaygirl2010 said, you'll warm up anyway. Don't overload yourself either with layers, then you'll overheat! Best of luck with it :o)ll
Ohnoshedidnt Posts: 273
Ahh good luck with it. I just pray it doesnt rain on ye :eek
[quote="Ohnoshedidnt":2hcirzed]Ahh good luck with it. I just pray it doesnt rain on ye :eek[/quote:2hcirzed] That would be uncomfortable, but I've done the mini marathon is freezing cold, p*ssy rain, and a rare scorcher day too, so I'll just enjoy myself either way. :)
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
I'm doing it too. I'd say I'll be in convultions getting outta the bed at 3.30am!! Good cause though and looking forward to it at the same time. Best of luck to all taking part.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Well done, good cause. You'll warm up don't worry, especially if you're pushing a buggy!
It would help if I actually hit the Submit button, wouldn't it! :duh: :duh: Thanks very much Galwaygirl. I'm looking forward to it, as I'm doing it with friends, and it's also going to be a good "training session" for the mini marathon I'm doing yet again. As you said, once I get moving, I'll warm up, but I wonder just how fast I can go when I'm with someone else, and pushing their 2 stone child in his buggy - well, she reckons he's 2 stone!