Menu

I never thought it would be this hard!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
To get the BM's together to try on dresses! I didn't want to pressurise them to come round but I've just realised I've only got 7 days to try them and return them for a refund. We all live within 10 mins drive of each other. H2b's niece lives a good 25 minute drive, and she was first up on Monday night to try it on. She was overcome with excitement the poor girl :o0 The other 2 made their excuses for Monday night. It was raining and the other other one was tired. Fair enough. I sat around all of last night waiting for a text or the doorbell to ring. They were both at home. Never mind I thought! Text one of them this morning to see if she could call tonite and it's remained ignored for the past 6 hours! And when I mentioned it to the 3rd and asked if she'd be coming I got 'I might yes'. Well I love the dresses, I'll be honest, so I'm starting to think feck them, if they don't come round soon and try them on, I can't get a refund, so they'll have to lump them or like them :eek
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
oh i know how ye feel i had mine with a neighbour for alterations and she couldnt get them all together and she had the dresses for about 5 weeks i still havnt seen the dress on my sis whos cbm but all the girls love them so im happy!!!!
discuss1 Posts: 329
Oh how annoying!!
they really are starting to F*ck me off now!
roma2011 Posts: 1208
I know how you feel! I lost out on a fab dress that was on a ridiculous sale because of my BMs not replying to emails/calls and it ended up being sold out by the time they did O:| O:| O:| I'm dreading fittings etc because it's just gonna be a pure nightmare trying to co-ordinate everyone. One is in Germany, one in Wexford, one in Cork and I'm in Clare...so I foresee me having to just hop in the car and do a circuit of Ireland! Not the end of the world I suppose. Think it would actually be less stressful that way than sitting at home waiting for them to come to me. And the BM in Germany is just going to have to hope for the best I suppose. Best of luck sorting it all out! Maybe just call over to them with it?
I've sorted one now, I put my foot down and said she'd have to call at a certain time, and she is. The other one is married to my brother and they're having some sort of domestic I've just been told which erupted at my parents, so maybe I'd be better off not having her around tonite! :o0
LastRolo Posts: 6892
If it was me, I would probably just get the dresses, let the girls like them or not.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="LastRolo":3n0jcw7g]If it was me, I would probably just get the dresses, let the girls like them or not.[/quote:3n0jcw7g] +1
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Jawl - just tell her you need to know it is ok in the next day or 2 as you can't return it after that. You know my BM I mentioned to you on your other thread - it was a threat like this that finally got her into the dress.
Well I was trying to give them a bit of free rein, as I want them to be 100% comfortable in what they are wearing all day. I'd hate to be wearing something I didn't feel comfortable in. Oh well SIL has til tomorrow evening to see the dress, after that I'm just keeping them. I like them end of story. I'll be annoyed if she doesn't reply to my text tonite. She might be all picture and no sound with hubby but no need to be rude to me and ignore me :o0