I Phone 5

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bellisima Posts: 3583
Anyone have any notion about a release date? I know that a lot of people had been saying September but anybody got any concrete information about this? My phone is on the blink but I dont really want to change it if there is to be a new i phone out soon/ soonish.
LittleLily Posts: 3682
They're saying October recently. At the very earliest, I would say it would be late September. We still don't know for certain whether it will be an iPhone 5 or a new version of 4 or maybe both, a new iPhone 5 and a pared back iPhone 4 to pitch it as an entry level model. The other possibility is that they retain the iPhone 3gs as the entry level model as it still performs well sales wise and its software is still current so why change it. I'm dying for the new one to come out too. Except I'm hoping that the 4 will become more affordable and I'll get that one. Talk is that they will downgrade the display to make it cheaper to produce. I'm ok with that.
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
[quote="LittleLily":10dvhuyq] ...Except I'm hoping that the 4 will become more affordable and I'll get that one. Talk is that they will downgrade the display to make it cheaper to produce. I'm ok with that.[/quote:10dvhuyq] i'm the same...I really want one! I'm fed up of getting phones that are sh1t & something goes wrong after 6 months...admittedly I'm hard on phones but really would like an iPhone!!! Are there any good deals out there? I'm currently on 02 prepay
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Was just talking to hubby about it there and he said the latest rumour is that it will be an iPhone 5 and possible release date of Oct 21st. There was supposedly a leaked POS from BestBuy. What they will do with the iPhone 4 is still unclear. I love a good rumour!
Thanks LittleLily, it'd have to be out in plenty of time for Christmas wouldn't it? Is there normally the same release date worldwide?
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Good evening ladies!! I was in Carphone Warehouse last week enquiring as my iPhone is on it's last legs. Yer man in there was trying to sell me a Samsung but I was having none of it. He said they think the iPhone 5 will be out before Christmas.
I cant imagine they'd miss out on the Christmas market - BUT if they leave it too close to Christmas it could be difficult to actually get one in stock as they tend to sell out asap...
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Yeah - that's exactly what i said to yer man in CPW and hence he was trying to sell me the Samsung :action34
Persephone Posts: 928
Happened to be on the phone to o2 a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the iPhone 5. The guy I was talking to told me that they were expecting stock to be in om October 7th.
[quote="snookie":1p875sy8]Happened to be on the phone to o2 a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the iPhone 5. The guy I was talking to told me that they were expecting stock to be in om October 7th.[/quote:1p875sy8] Just saw this now - thanks Snookie!!