Menu

I said YES to the DRESS but now what? HELP!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunshineLove Posts: 92
Hi Ladies, After a two months of looking and getting more and more worried that I would never be able to get something in time to fly over (from Florida to Dublin) in time for my wedding this summer, I went shopping in Orlando with my mom today and WE FOUND THE ONE! And I cannot believe that I was actually able to buy it off the rack and take her home with me! Most everything I've been wanting is from Maggie Sottero, Mori Lee and Casablanca but had to be ordered and would barely make it in time, so I am SO HAPPY! I fell in love with Maggie Sottero's new Spring 2015 Jade... (photo of model attached) SO NOW WHAT? What shoes would you recommend? How should I wear my hair and make up? What about earrings? I won't do a necklace, but how about a bracelet? My wedding is in late June at the Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel in Dublin, so I hope my dress is good for the venue. I have never been there in person as I am planning my wedding from Florida. I won't be there until 2 weeks before, so if feel a little in the dark... anything I should consider? Like anything about the weather? I most worried about how to style my hair. I have curly hair with a mind of its own. I will wear it up somehow, maybe a chignon, but should I hire a hairdresser for the day? Do people do that over there? (over here I would just get it done in the morning and that would be it)....
craftyPB Posts: 2625
Congratulations!! Stunning dress! I would either book a hairdresser to come to you or find one that you can go to in their salon the morning of the wedding - when I do my own hair it's liable to fall out after a few hours and I don't want that on my wedding day! I'm also hiring a MUA. I can't tell if the detailing on the dress is gold or not, but if it has gold tones, stella and dot do a gorgeous gold bracelet and earrings th st would compliment it beautifully - it's like a leaf/stem/flower pattern...
[quote="craftyPB":3dx2u3qv] when I do my own hair it's liable to fall out after a few hours and I don't want that on my wedding day! I'm also hiring a MUA.[/quote:3dx2u3qv] Hi craftyPB, Thanks! Same here, not sure I could pull off doing my own hair. Plus I want to relax best I can day of, so I'll look into where I can go/who I can hire that day. Hopefully the wedding coordinator at the hotel will have some suggestions, and then I can run them past the ladies on this forum. What is MUA? Stella & Dot is a good idea. I have a friend who is a S & D style consultant and have bought some lovely pieces from her that I wear to work all the time. I will check out the leaf/stem look. Thanks!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
ive just checked - grace is the collection from S&D - it's gorgeous!! MUA is a make up artist - a must in my opinion!!
Doh! Of course, make up artist. Lol. Ok, I will look into that. Thanks for looking up the Grace collection. That IS pretty! I looked more closely at my dress. It is not quite silver, not quite gold. The description says "pewter" so it's kind of in between silver/gold. I suppose I could go either way!
Starrgrrl Posts: 51
Your dress is AMAZING. Really stunning. Because the dress is so embellished I'd keep the accessories simple. Maybe some small sparkly earrings and a simple bracelet maximum. I think I'd wear my hair up with that neckline. Not sure if a veil would suit, maybe go for a birdcage? I'd always recommend getting a hair stylist and make up artist to come to you! it's your wedding day, make the most of it and get pampered! Good luck organising from abroad and enjoy the planning!
june2015bride Posts: 67
Your dress is just fab. I'd do a lovely bracelet and maybe a pearl droplet earing. Get in touch with your wedding co. And book hair and makeup to come to the hotel(if ur getting ready ther) iv been 2a wedding in st.helens and its lovely hope u get the weather bcoz the grounds outside are amazing for your pics. All the best with your planning :)