I think I have chicken pox

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

swissgirl Posts: 2301
Am freaking out. Waiting for doctor to call. My 1 year old has it and I never had it. They took blood last night - am so scared swiss
theoracle Posts: 7664
Deep breath swiss! Firstly, even if you had not knowingly had chicken pox before, it doesn't mean that you have no immunity - sometimes just coming into contact with a weak form of virus will give you some immunity. Secondly, how far along are you? If you are not right at the beggining or end of pregnancy they will be able to give you some imunoglobulin and there should be no effect of chicken pox on the babs. Sending you positive vibes, I hope it turns out to be nothing :action32
flick80 Posts: 12
You poor thing. Try not to worry. My GP told me that it's only in your last 4 weeks of pregnancy that you should worry about coming into contact with chickenpox. I hope your mind is put at ease soon.
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi guys, Thanks for the support. The good news I dont have it (yet) confirmed by the hospital. However I also dont have immunity. My littlest one has it so I have to stay clear of her (not easily done) for about a week. pregnancy can be so stressful.
theoracle Posts: 7664
[quote="swissgirl":mb1tbsfp]Hi guys, Thanks for the support. The good news I dont have it (yet) confirmed by the hospital. However I also dont have immunity. My littlest one has it so I have to stay clear of her (not easily done) for about a week. pregnancy can be so stressful.[/quote:mb1tbsfp] If it is any consolation, at least you are at the best stage of pregnancy to get them, ie not early stages and not just before birth. I was freaking out myself when pregnant with dd3 as dd1 and dd2 both had them and I didnt know whether I had immunity. Didnt help that dd1 came and coughed right into my mouth when I was in bed! However in my case it turned out I had immunity...hope all turns out well for you.
whackywoman Posts: 1496
ah swiss girl you poor thing. No advice but just want to say congrats on being pregnant as you have little ones around my age. Just had no 3 here and am feeling a bit sleep deprived >:o)