I've been very bold

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
I popped out the office for 10 minutes to buy something 'light and healthy' for lunch... Roll on 1.5 hours and I've just returned with *) Chicken Fillet wrap *) Cadbury's Caramel *) New pair of knee high boots *) New shoes *) 150e less in my bank account And I'm broke, I don't get paid for another week. Then I had the cheek to call OH and tell him I've just had to pay an unexpected bill and can I borrow 100e until next Monday? I'm a naughty girl :-8
JustBecause Posts: 3242
:yelrotflmaosmilie: How will you explain the boots? :innocent:
I don't know...I didn't think that far ahead :-8
nelswife Posts: 3869
Hide the boots in the boot of your car if you have one, bring them in when he is not there..dont say anything when you wear them first and if he notices them just say..."these, no i have them ages"... technically not a lie if you dont wear them for a few weeks
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
[quote="MichelleMyBelle":3jfwbs1h]I don't know...I didn't think that far ahead :-8[/quote:3jfwbs1h] You sneek them into the house & hide in wardrobe. Then when you wear them & he asks if they are new you say no had them for ages & haven't worn them in a while. Or the other one I use is You ask me that everytime I wear them >:o)
ott Posts: 3920
Right, leave the bags and the boxes in the rubbish at work. This is a general rule: ALWAYS MINIMIZE ON BAGS. If you're out shopping never take a bag from the second, third, fourth, ... shops. In your case you're going to have to wear the boots home today ("Sure, I've had these AGES, I can't believe you don't recognise them, you never pay attention to me anymore.") and the shoes home tomorrow. The shoes you are wearing today can be left in the car and brought into the house at any time with ease.
Yes, good idea. I don't think he'll notice anyway, but if he does I'll say I got them last year but just didn't wear them much. Thanks girls :thnk
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Tut tut... You are very bold indeed. Like the others said, just leave the bag and box from boots in the office and leave the boots in the car boot for awhile and feign ignorance if he asks if they new. You've had them ages! I'm sure he splurges at time anyway. I know my DH gets new XBox games. That's his weakness. At least the bbots are functional and you can get more use from them. He has so many games gathering dust once he's finished them or lost interest in them.
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
[quote="ott":2hxkgoqt]Right, leave the bags and the boxes in the rubbish at work. This is a general rule: ALWAYS MINIMIZE ON BAGS. If you're out shopping never take a bag from the second, third, fourth, ... shops. In your case you're going to have to wear the boots home today ("Sure, I've had these AGES, I can't believe you don't recognise them, you never pay attention to me anymore.") and the shoes home tomorrow. The shoes you are wearing today can be left in the car and brought into the house at any time with ease.[/quote:2hxkgoqt] well thought out ott, something tells me you've done this before!!!
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="SantaBaby":h42uwrho][quote="ott":h42uwrho]Right, leave the bags and the boxes in the rubbish at work. This is a general rule: ALWAYS MINIMIZE ON BAGS. If you're out shopping never take a bag from the second, third, fourth, ... shops. In your case you're going to have to wear the boots home today ("Sure, I've had these AGES, I can't believe you don't recognise them, you never pay attention to me anymore.") and the shoes home tomorrow. The shoes you are wearing today can be left in the car and brought into the house at any time with ease.[/quote:h42uwrho] well thought out ott, something tells me you've done this before!!![/quote:h42uwrho] I'm an expert :innocent: