I've had a baby boy!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess09 Posts: 821
Well ladies the sweep I had last Monday worked a treat! It must have put me into early labour, 5.00 pm Tuesday evening, I felt a sharp dart, contractions started coming fairly quickly after that, hubby arrived home from work @ 6.45, to find me doubled over in bed, after me just calling him @ 5.30 to tell him what good timing it was as he was just finished work!! I had a bath, didn't help at all, then used my tens, which was AMAZING, such a difference with pains! It stopped me from being vocal, with pains after the bath. Finally got myself together and got into car, around 9.30, that took a while! My plan was to try and stay at home as long as poss, which I did but looking back prob stayed at home too long! Hubby had to pull over in car every 3 mins, so I could sit through pains, with my tens going. Thankfuly hosp was only 20 min drive. Had to get a wheelchair in as I cudn't walk, even when we got in they left me in a waitng room for about an hr, prob thot I wasnt too bad! By time I got to examination room I was pleading for epidural, the nurse was like well we'll have to make sure ur past 2 cm 1st. I was 5 cm, delighted, as I was worried I would have only been 2! Got straight to delivery room, pains were coming quick and fast at this stage. Cos my BP was high they had to wait for my blood results to come back! O:| O:| O:| By this stage I was pleading for epidural, @ 1.30 I got epi, 2.00 I was examined and I was fully dilated! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Even thou I got thru most without epi, it was heaven and so glad to be able to sit back and relax all my muscles! I had to wait an hr before pushing, for meds for my high bp to kick in. Then @ 3.30 am I was pushing, still pushing @ 4.30, my hosp only allows 1 hr, which is v frustrating! Plus that night was one of the busiest in the labour ward all yr! My consultant was called, told me baby's cord was around it's neck (tbh I don't believe this) I believe that was a reason for her to then tell me she had to do an episiotomy and use forceps, to get me in and out asap! In the end int was all fine, to be honest I def think I was better having episitomy rthaer than tearing! At 5.01 am my gorgeous blond haired baby boy was placed on my chest! :lvs :lvs We got home at lunch time Christmas eve, absolutely perfect timing! I have fallen totally headdover heels in love with him! :lvs I was initially terrified about the labour/birth, but I would do it all again, it was sooo worth every min. And his little smiles every now and again, make all the long sleepless nights worth every min! I'm already thinking about when I'll have next one!!
leopardess Posts: 906
awh Princess09 congratulations :o)ll :o)ll just in time for christmas ...how lovely :)
happy mummy Posts: 424
Awwww congrats princess09!! Absolutely delighted for you!! Great birth story too!! Enjoy the rest of your Xmas with your brand new baby boy :o)ll
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Congratulations Princess09, such an amazing feeling when your baby is placed on your chest. enjoy these first few weeks, they are so precious. xXX
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Congratulations!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll What did you call your bundle of love?!
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
Massive congratulations Princess! Bet christmas was a bit of a surreal experience but lovely all the same! Lovely to hear you got through labour relatively unscathed...enjoy your beautiful baby boy x
jen2 Posts: 3106
What a wonderful Xmas present Congrats
yippeeme Posts: 2139
Aw congratulations Princess, lovely Christmas present!
mamalicious Posts: 255
Congrats, great christmas pressie. Enjoy your little bundle :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
anika Posts: 2194
Congratulations, so delighted for you. Lovely birth report, made me really look forward to my babas birth :o)ll Enjoy your little boy :lvs