i want a motorbike..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
whats the rules on learning? what do i actually need to do before i can go out on the road on it? one i was very interested in has just been relisted as for sale and i'm sooooooooooooo tempted.. x
TokenMale Posts: 6845
The first thing you're going to need is a tight leather suit, something along the lines of a catsuit. See Kill Bill for further information. Have a look here: [url:2q1rhb0h]http://msa-ireland.com/licenses.htm[/url:2q1rhb0h]
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="rock-n-roll-wife":3iotquz8]whats the rules on learning? what do i actually need to do before i can go out on the road on it? one i was very interested in has just been relisted as for sale and i'm sooooooooooooo tempted.. x[/quote:3iotquz8] a motorbike isnt going to get you up and down the N4 when you move to the gar
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
isn't it? why not? p.s. token thanks for that input... :o0
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
You will have to get a provisonal license first and even if you have a full driving license for your car you will still need to sit the theory test (stupid imo cos the theory of the road is the same whether you're in a car or on a bike). Then you can buy a bike. There are only certain bikes you can drive before you have a full license and 2 years post license driving experience. Ring AON (they are the insurance company for motor bikes) and they will tell you what bikes you can drive. DH has a CBR 600 but it is factory restricted so he can drive it while he is getting his 2 years post license experience. There are also courses you can do with an instructer and this lowers your insurance premium. Hope this helps. Best of luck and BE CAREFUL ON THAT BIKE!!!!!
Playful Posts: 638
Go for it Girl, My H2B has a motorbike and he uses it in the summer its great wind blowing in your hair and all that, well wind blowing in your helmet and flies spattered allover you, what CC is it because if you are only learning you need a small bike
WonderWol Posts: 2927
Sorry but ARE YOU MAD????????? Sorry - hate the bloody, dangerous things O:| O:| O:| O:| Sorry :-8
TokenMale Posts: 6845
RnR, the link I posted was serious, but I can't recommend that catsuit highly enough. [quote="nikki1":17a4ox8t]wind blowing in your helmet[/quote:17a4ox8t] Shouldn't this be in the circumcision thread?
Playful Posts: 638
[quote="TokenMale":3qpcnzyw]RnR, the link I posted was serious, but I can't recommend that catsuit highly enough. [quote="nikki1":3qpcnzyw]wind blowing in your helmet[/quote:3qpcnzyw] Shouldn't this be in the circumcision thread?[/quote:3qpcnzyw] :o0 :o0 :o0
clucky Posts: 26471
[img:nixt13aa]http://uk.geocities.com/guillaume.[email protected].com/pics/catsuit.jpg[/img:nixt13aa]