I warned him!.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
I told him.... I told him that he was driving too fast for this weather. We had words about his driving on our return journey from being away on New Years Eve. He slowed down then just to keep me quiet. And what happened? He just rang me from a roadside in the midlands saying he's waiting on a recovery truck...that his car is on it's side in a ditch. He's fine (thank gawd), but the car looks 'pretty messed up' according to himself. Why, oh why, didn't he listen to me?!??! i might as well have talked to the wall! O:| And then he wonders why i hate driving in the same car as him. :eek
MrsOC09 Posts: 1175
you could be talking about my DH, he works in cork 3 hour drive from home and im just waiting for that exact call....... but its never their fault! O:| glad he is ok though :wv
happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
you can talk all you want to him. men will do their own thing time after time after time O:| O:|
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
Mine drives me bonkers!!! He spends alot of time in the car for work and thinks he knows better than me (which he probably does as I'm still on my L plates). He's had two minor tips in the bad weather neither of which were actually his fault but I worry about him on the roads so much.
trance Posts: 3129
Mine too, I sound like a nag, always going 'slow down slow down' I know I am a bit of an old lady driver anyways but still. He leaves at 4am for work and he drives a lorry so in this weather I'm worried sick about him, I can't bear it, just praying this weather will end soon!
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
perhaps it had nothing to do with his driving ?? I had a crash on NYE - wasn't driving fast, hit black ice, jeep flipped over in the Midlands. Go easy on him, no amount of I told u so's will make him feel any worse. I am beginning to get nightmares and flashbacks now and I'm terrified
Elban26 Posts: 2458
Boys will be boys, most are very fond of putting the boot down. The roads around the Midlands are lethal though, there is no grit to salt roads, even the motorway is covered in snow and ice on the fast lane. How is OH today? Hope he didn'e develop any aches or pains. Is the car fixable?
Daff Posts: 11644
New Years Day DH was driving down a secondary road and I kept saying 'slow down' He came to a T Junction and hit ice, we were heading face on into a wall when he pulled the handbrake, the bum of the car spun out and the car stopped inches from a wall where hte drivers side would have hit it. He turns to me and says 'see how I pulled the handbrake so we wouldn't hit head on so you and the baby would be safe' O:| O:| O:| I just screamed he was going to fast, he replied he was only doing 50km - Eh hello, doesn't matter if you were only doing 20k if you're driving on an ice rink!!!
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
[quote="daffodil bride":3kx7lxdn] He turns to me and says 'see how I pulled the handbrake so we wouldn't hit head on so you and the baby would be safe' O:| O:| O:| I just screamed he was going to fast, he replied he was only doing 50km [/quote:3kx7lxdn] Ok he was going way to fast coming into an icy junction but sorry he did the right thing to avoid a head on collision.
Daff Posts: 11644
He did hte right thing at that stage, but I couldn't believe I spent the previous minute telling him constantly to slow down and he wouldn't listen = men O:|