I will probably get slated for this but....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Picnic Posts: 921
I just wanted to say that I find the latest pregnancy tickers to be very upsetting and quite off-putting. I am talking about the ones that show the progression of the foetus' in the womb. This is extremely upsetting to somebody who is unable to conceive and I don't think a public forum is the correct place for something like this. I understand you can see this in pregnancy books which is where it should stay. Please don't attack me over this, it is just my honest opinion. I would like to wish all the mums-to-bes a happy and healthy pregnancy and best wishes to all others.
Its a Secret Posts: 178
This was posted before.... a good while ago and whoever had it removed it. I am not offended by them but understand that somebody who may have lost a baby could find it difficult to look at. I also think though that you should have any ticker you want so I suppose I'm saying I am sitting on the fence. It's not as if you can go out of your way to avoid looking at them. I don't think anybody would want to offend. I don't think you should be basted for this but let's see what others think...
Tedsters Posts: 1688
I like those tickers as you can see what is happening to the little being growing inside. And think that it is also very educational.
Royal Wolly Posts: 1020
My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a baby.... It has happened to 2 close friends of mine and 2 members of my family (one 3 times) I cannot personally imagine what an awful experience it is.... but in fairness I don't think it is fair to take away the joy that another person is experiencing because they are pregnant... This is a pregnancy and babies forum, of course these people are entitled to use any ticker they choose.... I don't find these tickers in question offensive, they are natural and give the M2B a glipse of what is happening to her at different stages.... every pregnant women should be allowed her 40 weeks of magic.... The Mothers who have lost their babies will mourn in a lot of ways, seeing babies on the street isn't easy either for them, neither is hearing about people around them and on this forum becoming pregnant but we can't hide everything just in case if offends.... and that is the last thing (from my experience) that these Mothers want.... they want to talk about their pregnancy, not hide away, avoid all pictures and forget it ever happened... This is just my opinion but as I said I have not personally experienced this but I would be the last person to offend anyone intentionally.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i have to agree with picnic its not that i find them offensive at all i just wouldnt been keen on them even though i know posters can have any ticker they want. its a bit upsetting thats all, good luck to all mummies to be and ttc.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
I havent seen any of those tickers! I dont think I have anyway... My heart goes out to anyone who cant have children but the people who put those tickers up are just excited about their unborn child coming into the world. Its like someone single saying they get upset by tickers counting down time to someones wedding day. Then again, I have never been in a position where I have lost a child or have been told that I cant have children so if I was in that position I might look at it differently.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i understand people are excited about being preg and wanting to show everyone and of course they are entitled to put up anything they want, just wouldnt be my cup of tea.
clucky Posts: 26471
i posted before that i found them upsetting due to my own m/c - i always look at them thinking ''did mine develop like that'' and it upset me the person the last time removed them which i thought was very decent as people can have whatever tickers they want still upsetting though
Picnic Posts: 921
I do agree that people can have whatever tickers they want. I just think they are inappropriate on a public forum. If people want to see the progression of their baby they can look in pregnancy books etc. To be honest I find them personally upsetting but I do not want to take any joy or happiness away from anyone who has the fantastic experience of having your own child.
Storm Posts: 31
I agree. I think they are awful. Someone put the idea forward that they were created by an anti abortion bunch. Still, out of respect to anyone who had a mc (me included) I wouldn't dare use them.